• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Keep My Onkyo 5.1.2 system or change to ?? Because of room

CoachDoc

We just bought a new house and will end up having to mount the tv on an extending arm an swivel. I’ve included a pic with rough idea of tv, couch (against window) and love seat.

I have no idea where I could place my center and two front, sub, two Atmos reflective speakers, and two rear in this layout. Would I be better changing to some other system - sound bar, something else? Help!!

Attachments

• 28BB1FA9-54B5-42F8-B198-50C5411A9889.jpeg
    28BB1FA9-54B5-42F8-B198-50C5411A9889.jpeg
    231.5 KB · Views: 66

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If your willing to budget $1500, you can easily improve the sound quality, new A/V receiver and new 5.1 speakers.
This is about as cheap ($450, refurb) as I would go for getting an A/V receiver.
When you go cheaper, you will likely get less quality in the amplifier section.
Maybe budget for $1000, for 5.1 speakers (something on sale).

OP
C

CoachDoc

If your willing to budget $1500, you can easily improve the sound quality, new A/V receiver and new 5.1 speakers.
This is about as cheap ($450, refurb) as I would go for getting an A/V receiver.
When you go cheaper, you will likely get less quality in the amplifier section.
Maybe budget for $1000, for 5.1 speakers (something on sale).
The biggest issue is where to place speakers in this layout.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Ceiling mount a projector and put a screen for the picture above the fireplace. Rear speakers will have to be beside the couch, not optimum, but it will work pretty well. Speakers a couple feet outside the fireplace and more or less in line with the front of it. Sub somewhere along the front wall. Not sure about the Atmos speakers. Center might be the hardest to fit. One that is thin or mounted in wall behind a screen made of acoustically transparent material would work. In fact in wall mounting all the way around might be in your best interest if you are willing to change speakers.

Top Bottom