• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kanto YU6 Measurements (Powered Monitor)

GimeDsp

One thing I have found that is common with powered speaker, most, like these is that even when bluetooth is "off" they are still blasting RF out. It seems the antenna is never off it just turns off broadcasting the ID.

They aren't bad for a secondary system.

Roland68

Major Contributor
Ich habe heute ein Paar Kanto YU6 in Bambus bekommen.
Ehrlich gesagt dachte ich, dass dies eine weitere Yuppi-Firma ist, die kleine Bluetooth-Heulwürfel verkauft, aber nach dem Öffnen der aktiven Box kann ich nur sagen, dass ich sehr selten von der Konstruktion eines Lautsprechers oder Geräts so beeindruckt war.
Das Gehäuse ist wirklich aus Bambus und gut verarbeitet. Selten habe ich eine so gelungene Versiegelung der aktiven Backplate gesehen, vor allem mit einer hochwertigen Vergussmasse (kein Silikon oder Heißkleber).
Jeder Bereich hat somit eine eigene Platine, Netzfilter, Schaltnetzteil, Digitaleingang/DAC/Bluetooth, Analogeingänge/Vorverstärker und Endstufe. Es wurden auch sehr gute Komponenten verbaut.
Bei den in der Frequenzweiche verbauten Komponenten sieht man deutlich, dass jemand da war, der sich damit auskennt. Keine Sparmaßnahmen, sehr gute Komponenten, einige 10 - 20x teurere Lautsprecher können davon lernen.

Abgesehen davon, dass diese Lautsprecher auf mich einen sehr durchdachten Eindruck machen, sind sie durch den klaren Aufbau und die strikte Trennung aller Funktionsbereiche auch für Heimwerker, sowie Tuning- und Modding-Freaks sehr gut geeignet.
Auch wenn außerhalb der Garantiezeit etwas defekt sein sollte, sollte die Reparatur einfach sein, oder Sie können die Platine durch eine ähnliche ersetzen (z.B. von Aliexpress, Netzteil, Endstufe, Bluetooth-Modul, etc.)
Wirklich schön, so etwas heutzutage zu sehen

Last edited:

Phoney

20220831_221407.jpg

20220831_221402.jpg

Just recieved my Kanto YU4 like this.. The mid/woofer driver is misplaced on both, causing a shaver like noise on the bass notes due to the suspension touching the cover on the top right.. Theres no easy fix to this outside of returning them?

Last edited:

KantoLiving

Audio Company
I don't think there's a way to fix, I would replace them. I'll send these pics to my engineering team so that we can improve QA here. Sorry for the hassle!

Phoney

I don't think there's a way to fix, I would replace them. I'll send these pics to my engineering team so that we can improve QA here. Sorry for the hassle!

Hey! I recieved my replacement Kanto YU4s without this issue. I really like them, but I have another problem now. The YU4 is making some audible rattling on the lowest notes (below 50hz). Is this normal? I can fix this using a high pass filter, but I have to put it at 100hz+. And by doing so I am also cutting out my subwoofer.

Last edited:

KantoLiving

Audio Company
Hey! I recieved my replacement Kanto YU4s without this issue. I really like them, but I have another problem now. The YU4 is making some audible rattling on the lowest notes (below 50hz). Is this normal? I can fix this using a high pass filter, but I have to put it at 100hz+. And by doing so I am also cutting out my subwoofer.

I wouldn't consider any rattling to be normal. If you give the speaker a shake can you hear anything rattling around? Just want to eliminate low-hanging fruit like something falling into the port. I would email our support team with the issue and maybe they can do a bit of testing with you to determine if it's the driver that's defective or if there's something in the cabinet like wiring that is shaking. I realize another exchange may be quicker, but it's nice for us to log these kinds of issues with Support to improve QC or our knowledge base. Sorry for the issues!

Phoney

I wouldn't consider any rattling to be normal. If you give the speaker a shake can you hear anything rattling around? Just want to eliminate low-hanging fruit like something falling into the port. I would email our support team with the issue and maybe they can do a bit of testing with you to determine if it's the driver that's defective or if there's something in the cabinet like wiring that is shaking. I realize another exchange may be quicker, but it's nice for us to log these kinds of issues with Support to improve QC or our knowledge base. Sorry for the issues!

See this thread for more info:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ise-when-playing-sub-bass.37683/#post-1324780

Top Bottom