• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kanto YU4P Questions For Amateur

unfit327

Hi,
I recently purchased the Kanto YU4P's due to price and mainly the dimensions due to limited space in my setup. I think they sound really good but, i'm looking for a really good pair of speakers in the sub $300 range that have a similar footprint to the YU4P's. Someone suggested PSB Alpha P3's claiming they were the best at that price point. I set them up and while they sound good, they don't sound "better than the Kanto's". They are slightly smoother at higher than normal listening levels to me but that's about it. So my knowledge in 2.1 setups is kind of limited, I do have a klipsch reference premiere home theater setup that I absolutely love, but I also know horns probably aren't great for a desktop near field setup.

So what would be some other good options within the same size and price for gaming and music? Are the Kanto's that good or am I just not attuned to speakers that are supposed to be neutral? Also what would be the benefits of stepping up to the Kanto Passive 5.25" over the 4's for near field if any?

somefunguy

So this is from a while ago so likely you've moved on, but I believe the Kanto YU4Ps are pretty similar to the Kanto YU2 without the gadgetry.

Amir reviewed the Kanto YU2 and as a follow-up someone posted something EQ files for them. If you want to improve the sound any, the easiest / cheapest thing to do would be to toe the speakers in around 15 degrees and try the EQs.

I say this because I have the Kanto YU4Ps because I really like the look, I also bought the little stands which I believe makes a difference for desktop listening.

I tested the Emotiva B1+ (which are also great) and they definitely sound better, but after EQ adjustment and toeing, the difference isn't really night and day and I'm very satisfied with the performance of this (though I also have a subwoofer attached to it).

This is the original review: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/kanto-yu-review-pc-speaker.22329/ the EQ settings are in a reply.

Top Bottom