• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kanto YU4 speakers - best way to connect to laptop?

mrmojo

I have a laptop that I want to connect to Kanto yu 4 speakers (which are active speakers). The laptop has USB and aux out. The Kanto YU 4 have optical inputs, as well as aux. I already own a topping DX3 pro DAC/aheadphone amp unit which has aux out and is connected to my laptop.

I am considering several options - see below.

Would option 2) be safe? Would options 3 and 4 be significantly better than options 1 and 2? I'd prefer not to buy any more gadgets to avoid clutter and cost, but if it's a signficant difference i'll do so.

is there much difference between options 3 and 4?

I really wish they'd just put usb input on all speakers!

1. connect laptop with aux
  2. use the aux out of the DX3 pro and connect it to speakers (since the DX3 pro already has an amp, would it be safe to connect it to the speakers?)?
  3. buy a Douk Audio U2 USB to USB/optical converter and connect it between the laptop and speakers
  4. buy a topping d10s DAC and connect it between the laptops and speakers

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd go for option 2 if the aux output volume is controlled by the DX3.

AudiOhm

Top Bottom