• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kanto YU Review (PC Speaker)

yabai

Hi, asking a dumb question here. Since I have no equipment, I just randomly used my phone's spl meter (not the most accurate, but I do not have any other equipment) and did a frequency sweep and I noticed that it has approximately 6dbs lower volume at 80hz-100hz. I have my subwoofer's crossover set at 80hz (connected using high level input), do you think it's more viable to have my crossover set at 100hz instead? Based of my judgement of the spinorama graph whereby the volume levels start to taper off at 100hz.

I'm currently running my setup with a fosi audio v3 amp, connected to my sub via speaker level input then out from the sub to my speakers. Using my kanto yu4p near field, desktop use.

Last edited:

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Since I have no equipment, I just randomly used my phone's spl meter (not the most accurate, but I do not have any other equipment) and did a frequency sweep and I noticed that it has approximately 6dbs lower volume at 80hz-100hz.
Do you know what weighting the phone app was using, for measurements you want Z. A will roll off the top and bottom.

Top Bottom