• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kanto TUK vs Kanto YU6? Which should I purchase

Xphyre

I'm looking to purchase a pair of Kanto speakers, and I have been looking at both the Kanto YU6 and Kanto TUK.
There have been quite a few measurements with the YU6, and I was looking at amir's post here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...kanto-yu6-measurements-powered-monitor.27342/ however I couldn't find much information about the TUK, such as the tonality, lows/mids/highs, bass etc.

The YU6 goes for $520 in the shop near me and the TUK goes for $1000.

I'm having troubles to decide between both pairs, and I'm looking for some comparison between this 2. I'm mostly using it for near field listening and would greatly appreciate if someone could help me out, thanks!

Last edited:

warpdrive

I'd stick with the YU6. We don't have any measurements but other people's (in-room or other) measurements have shown the TUK to have elevated treble.

stevenswall

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is there a specific feature that limits you to these vs something like the Kali IN-5, used Genelecs, Neumann, etc? The YU6 has pretty wonky frequency response, and an IN8 v2 pair would stomp either of these for $800 total.

Reactions: jae

warpdrive

I think there is a place for these kinds of speakers that have multiple inputs/DAC, BT, photo preamp and remote control. They also look quite nice, something that would more likely fit into decor in a living room etc. Personally if I was spending the amount of money for the TUK, I would just go for the Vanatoo Transparent One which have a decent amount of bass extension for their size.

For my office I would choose Genelec or something like those but I would not stick the average Adam or Kali in my living room

Top Bottom