• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kali LP-6 Review: Studio Monitor

dgnzcn

Yes, it was enough, the level on the computer is 75%, I am adjusting the volume on the computer.

I just set the computer power saving mode from power saving to full power and there was no noise again, I think turning the volume down from kali fixed the issue.

Yeah, It will be great that there is no noise.

Rockfella

Forum Donor
Yes, it was enough, the level on the computer is 75%, I am adjusting the volume on the computer.

I just set the computer power saving mode to full power and there was no noise again, I think turning the volume down from kali fixed the issue.

Yeah, It will be great that there is no noise.
I keep the Kalis at 50% and adjust volume from PC. Works for me.

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
I changed the volume knob from two kali lp-6 to 09:00, then switched the power settings from the computer to power saving mode and the noise problem was greatly reduced or even disappeared.
That's a common workaround I used to use myself on my old Tascams, before I eventually splurged on a HD400 and some new cabling. It doesn't solve the problem per se, just makes it tolerable. You will probably decide to fix it properly at some point.

dgnzcn

That's a common workaround I used to use myself on my old Tascams, before I eventually splurged on a HD400 and some new cabling. It doesn't solve the problem per se, just makes it tolerable. You will probably decide to fix it properly at some point.

Yes i agree with you, i will use it like this until my Topping e30 + l30 set arrives.

Rockfella

Forum Donor

Rockfella

Forum Donor
Yes i agree with you, i will use it like this until my Topping e30 + l30 set arrives.
E30 has toslink IN but you need TOSLINK/SPDIF OUT from motherboard. Only to get rid of all noise and humms. Wait for E30 and see how it goes.

dgnzcn

E30 has toslink IN but you need TOSLINK/SPDIF OUT from motherboard. Only to get rid of all noise and humms. Wait for E30 and see how it goes.

I wonder if the optical or usb output is asus sonar or motherboard sound affects the quality.

Rockfella

Forum Donor
Good, do you like this layout, how's the sound?
Sound is good but it is a spec compromise. I had to go down from 32/384000 Hz (USB) to 24/92000 toslink but it is overall better than all the noise that I faced on USB (while gaming only : but that's another issue with nvidia cards)

dgnzcn

It does because USB is overall better but comes with these occasional problems. I had zero issues with my old ATI/usb.

The onboard motherboard sound card in the computer does not matter, does it with external dac?

Rockfella

Forum Donor
The onboard motherboard sound card in the computer does not matter, does it with external dac?
Dac will sound a LOT better than onboard. I was talking about toslink vs usb.

dgnzcn

Dac will sound a LOT better than onboard. I was talking about toslink vs usb.

Yes I know you talked about toslink vs usb,
I just asked a different question, I mean, is there any difference in sound quality between motherboard toslink and asus sonar toslink when sending to external dac

Rockfella

Forum Donor
Yes I know you talked about toslink vs usb,
I just asked a different question, I mean, is there any difference in sound quality between motherboard toslink and asus sonar toslink when sending to external dac
No. I had to use DX because my motherboard does not have optical out.

Rockfella

Forum Donor
This is very good because no expense for the sound card :)
Yes. Try USB first (with E30) if you still face issues go with toslink. You're almost set.

Last edited:

ZööZ

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Lemme guess... KRK Rokit something or other?

If you don't intend on modifying the cables you could no doubt pick up a trusty Behringer HD400 and some TRS cables to sort this out.

(Pin 1 issues in audio interfaces are, incidentally, not well researched. There is no reason why they couldn't be affected by them.)

Nope
Behringer Truth B2031A
You actually tried to help me out in the UMC204HD thread with my issues some time ago, which was much appreaciated.
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...udio-interface-review.9856/page-3#post-574891

I might actually try to fix the shielding in the monitor itself. Picture from NoAudiophile http://noaudiophile.com/Behringer_Truth_B2031A/ Behringer_Truth_B2031A_Amp_Internals.jpg

To my untrained eyes it looks like that the balanced inputs aren't grounded immediately to the chassis (if at all) and I suppopse it might cause the problem if I have understood correctly what I have read around Teh Internets. (Yeah not trying to derail the thread but posting the picture and this response anyways)

Top Bottom