• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kali LP-6/LP-8 V2 (2nd Wave) studio monitors released

Lilith

Epic, thanks!
Would you also happen to know the Preference score of the LP8v2 with EQ?
Just wonder if this eq is useful when your room has a much much bigger impact.

juliangst

Addicted to Fun and Learning

KaliAudio_Official

Audio Company
Personally I prefer the 8s to the 6s. The 8s get louder and have lower distortion. If I weren't affiliated with the company, and it was my money to spend, I would only get the 6s if a. I didn't have room for the 8s, or b. the price difference made a serious impact on my budget.

That said, there are a handful of folks who are familiar with both who prefer the 6s. Typically, these tend to be mix engineers who really want midrange to be pronounced in their studio monitor.

theshade

Personally I prefer the 8s to the 6s. The 8s get louder and have lower distortion. If I weren't affiliated with the company, and it was my money to spend, I would only get the 6s if a. I didn't have room for the 8s, or b. the price difference made a serious impact on my budget.

That said, there are a handful of folks who are familiar with both who prefer the 6s. Typically, these tend to be mix engineers who really want midrange to be pronounced in their studio monitor.
What about the the In's? For home theater, are the LP-8 and IN-8 more preferable the LP-6 and IN-5 or is the IN series better than the LP series regardless of size? Is the IN-5 louder than the LP-8? Thanks!

KaliAudio_Official

Audio Company
What about the the In's? For home theater, are the LP-8 and IN-8 more preferable the LP-6 and IN-5 or is the IN series better than the LP series regardless of size? Is the IN-5 louder than the LP-8? Thanks!
IN is better than LP regardless of size.

PeterNL

Hi everyone, I have bought this nice speakers last week for 150 euro (Kali LP-6 V2 second wave) in almost new condition, i am verry happy of it.
Connected to:
- PC with Jriver/Foobar (Dirac Live software)
- SMSL Sanskrit 10th mkII
- Xduoo TA26 as preamp (Tube !!)

I am very satisfied with the sound of Kali, have already few other hifi setups (Simaudio/Moon with Audio Physics speakers) and also good headphones Sennheiser HD600.

I could test them using Umik-1 and Rew and also use software Dirac Live Room Correction, in my meaning the results are very good, what do You think ?

I have heard/owned speakers like 10-20k+ but Kali is like WTF for the price :)

Kali, can you explain me how/what did you do to this speakers that they sound so beautiful ?

I am sorry for all ASR members that i am using "tube" preamplifier for this setup, but i bought it for my Senheiser HD600 (which is great companion), but once tried it with Kali as preamp, I am in love with it, my brain is with science but heart actually with XDUOO TA 26 (also tested with UMIK-1).

Please, let me know what you think about this setup, i like it more than HD600, soundstage and FR is very good, for this money i could't get better i think.

I have also tested it without tube preamp (directly DAC), but I don't hear any difference, actually tube "feels" fuller and smoother, but i am not going to start a war on ASR, love D-class too, but this setup sounds just tremendous !!!

Attachments

• Average Dirac OFF stereo.jpg
    Average Dirac OFF stereo.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 190
  • Dirac ON average stereo.jpg
    Dirac ON average stereo.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 101
  • dirac vs non dirac.jpg
    dirac vs non dirac.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 101
  • Dirac Harman +4dB.jpg
    Dirac Harman +4dB.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 76
  • dirac vs non dirac dBFS.jpg
    dirac vs non dirac dBFS.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 77
  • right tube amp.jpg
    right tube amp.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 70
  • left tube amp.jpg
    left tube amp.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 63
  • right DAC sanskrit.jpg
    right DAC sanskrit.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 63
  • left DAC Sanskrit.jpg
    left DAC Sanskrit.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Dirac vs NO.jpg
    Dirac vs NO.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 68
  • dirac standard curve.jpg
    dirac standard curve.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 65
  • 30 cm from the speaker.jpg
    30 cm from the speaker.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 64
  • DAC vs Tube.jpg
    DAC vs Tube.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 57
  • left dirac smoothing.jpg
    left dirac smoothing.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 54
  • right dirac smoothing.jpg
    right dirac smoothing.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_20221021_223537.jpg
    IMG_20221021_223537.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

KaliAudio_Official

Audio Company
You're too kind. There's no magic. Just a solid understanding of what can be developed at the cost targets we're working with and a lot of blood, sweat, and tears spent on optimizing every element of the system to each other.

I don't want to get too salesly, but I'll use our waveguide as an example. Compared to having no waveguide at all, that feature costs us nothing. It's just a different shape in the molded plastic of the baffle. It DID cost us considerable R&D resources to figure out the optimal shape for use with the driver compliment we have, but having arrived at that, we don't pass any cost along to the consumer for that feature. And it makes a giant difference in terms of soundstage, sweetspot, and loudspeaker cooperation with the room.

Glad you're happy!

AudioJester

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
You're too kind. There's no magic. Just a solid understanding of what can be developed at the cost targets we're working with and a lot of blood, sweat, and tears spent on optimizing every element of the system to each other.

I don't want to get too salesly, but I'll use our waveguide as an example. Compared to having no waveguide at all, that feature costs us nothing. It's just a different shape in the molded plastic of the baffle. It DID cost us considerable R&D resources to figure out the optimal shape for use with the driver compliment we have, but having arrived at that, we don't pass any cost along to the consumer for that feature. And it makes a giant difference in terms of soundstage, sweetspot, and loudspeaker cooperation with the room.

Glad you're happy!

Any new products on the horizon?
I use and love my IN5 on a desk/office setup and some mixing, interested if any products for a typical lounge room setup.

Slyman

just bought these, wish me luck against buyers remorse(i do that to myself a lot)
Good luck! I also just bought them and have tendency to buyers remorse.

However i'm upgrading from Eris E5 which doesn't have so much bass... And also the upgrade from LP6 is like pro products like neumann/genelec/ik multi which goes for at least 3-4x times as much.

Now i just gotta figure out how to use room eq on mac with pro q3. I bought measurement mic, have REW and think i will use Pro Q3 in ableton to EQ for the room. However.... Do you just apply an inverted REW curve? Or do i just take out the worst spikes... Hmm...

Also excited to see if i'm gonna need a subwoofer with this or the bass in lp6 is enough for mix/mastering.

Slyman

OK they just arrived and after 15 minutes of listening... I'm speechless!

Seriously i never heard music like this before. My eris e5 don't touch these at all. Even my living room setup of older hifi+sub seems way to smooth compared to these. Holy crap i'm impressed.

I put Billy Joel - The Way you are on, and i'm like.. what is there reverb on the vocals?
Then i put Kendrick Lamar - Peer Pressure on i'm like... Thats a tight ass bass.
And from then on i was literally cumming in my ears.

Thanks Kali this is fucking awesome.

regan

OK they just arrived and after 15 minutes of listening... I'm speechless!

Seriously i never heard music like this before. My eris e5 don't touch these at all. Even my living room setup of older hifi+sub seems way to smooth compared to these. Holy crap i'm impressed.

I put Billy Joel - The Way you are on, and i'm like.. what is there reverb on the vocals?
Then i put Kendrick Lamar - Peer Pressure on i'm like... Thats a tight ass bass.
And from then on i was literally cumming in my ears.

Thanks Kali this is fucking awesome.
This is without room treatment?
What DAC do you use?

Slyman

This is without room treatment?
What DAC do you use?
Very basic room treatment. I'm trying to dsp as of speaking this is my un EQ'ed room curve:

For DAC i just use Audient id4 interface.

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2022-12-12 kl. 14.45.32.png
    Skærmbillede 2022-12-12 kl. 14.45.32.png
    286.6 KB · Views: 103
Top Bottom