• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kali LP-6 2nd Wave...Buyer Beware

egeesman

Received them as a gift in December, immediately noticed a crackling/clicking with lower frequencies. Spent hours troubleshooting and finally had a new pair sent by Sweetwater. Was emailing both Kali and Sweetwaters support. Kali either didn't know about the issue or knew and wouldn't let on until they were sure that was the issue. Received the replacements, same problem. Couldn't find anybody who had the same issue. After a couple more months of trying to accept the sound and telling myself I was nitpicking Kali emailed me back telling me that its a firmware issue with the amps and I would have to replace them myself or ship my speakers back in and they would do it. One of the most frustrating experiences buying music gear. If I could ignore that glaring problem, they sound great for the price and I'm sure I'll be happy with them once the problem is fixed. That being said I could find zero evidence of anybody else having the same problem, even though both pairs I received had the same issue. Interested to see if anyone else ran across this issue? Nice to know I'm not crazy...
Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 12.59.15 PM.png

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
Thanks for reporting this. Nice to see that Kali is owning up to the issue and fixing it (hopefully) for you, although the $15/speaker in shipping isn't great considering this problem is no fault of yours. Like you I'm curious to hear if anyone else on ASR has encountered this problem.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom