• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kali IN-5 vs KRK RP5 G4 as TV speaker

YSC

Major Contributor
Hi there,

both seems measuring quite well, I am planning to use either one as a new TV speaker using 3.5mm ->XLR cables, any thought for these? currently I am more leaning to the Kali as the coaxial seems a better deal for TV

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
Regardless their sound, KRK would look much too distracting next to my TV.

YMMV.

Edit: fixed typo.

Last edited:

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Comparison:
CEA2034.jpg

CEA2034.jpg
Kali's are more neutral, not to mention the great vertical directivity control. I would go with Kali.

AwesomeSauce2015

As a note, I would recommend care when using 3.5mm to XLR cables, as XLR is usually balanced...
I would instead recommend using 3.5mm to RCA or 3.5mm to 1/4" cables / adapters.
Edit:
As for my speaker recommendation the Kali is a slightly flawed coaxial design, but it is a 3-way so you can crank the bass higher without as much midrange distortion (in theory).
Personally, I wouldn't go with either for a TV speaker system. I'd use the JBL 305P or a passive bookshelf like the KEF Q150 or Klipsch RP-500M II.
But if I had to pick one of the two options, Kali. the yellow woofer of the KRK would drive me nuts and the Kali IN-5 is a 3-way with a dedicated bass driver and more bass extension.

Last edited:
OP
Y

YSC

Major Contributor
As a note, I would recommend care when using 3.5mm to XLR cables, as XLR is usually balanced...
I would instead recommend using 3.5mm to RCA or 3.5mm to 1/4" cables / adapters.
right, just wanted to use that coz that's what both accepts, the KRK don't accept RCA so that's why I was seeing the RCA might not work.

Top Bottom