• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kali IN-5 announcement

Jmudrick

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Screenshot_20210215-114555.png

More Dynamics Please

Kali is listening. Bigger question is how soon the 12 dB reduction in self noise will be incorporated into updated versions of all Kali speaker models. That would be a great competitive advantage at their price point.

cursive

Forum Donor
This is awesome, the self noise has been one of my biggest complaints about powered monitors.

Another interesting thing I noticed is that this IN-5 model has more power than the IN-8. 20 more watts to the woofer, and they rate it at 1dB higher SPL. The IN-5 has paper cones, where the IN-8 has coated paper. Seems like the IN-5 has several benefits of being a newer design.

Sonny1

Oh no! 12dB in noise reduction? These guys are going to make me spend some money soon! Nice work Kali! I hope this noise reduction includes the LP models.

My teenage son is a musician and has been asking for some monitors. Hope someone sends one of these to Amir.

More Dynamics Please

This is awesome, the self noise has been one of my biggest complaints about powered monitors.

Another interesting thing I noticed is that this IN-5 model has more power than the IN-8. 20 more watts to the woofer, and they rate it at 1dB higher SPL. The IN-5 has paper cones, where the IN-8 has coated paper. Seems like the IN-5 has several benefits of being a newer design.

Killer specs for $350. If Kali delivers on all the claims for the IN-5 they aren't going to be able to keep up with demand.

dorirod

Your specs page is missing the dimensions, could you please provide them? Thank you

Icboschert

Forum Donor
was selfishly hoping they would reduce the size of these even more than they did but then they'd lose low frequency extension is my guess

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Smaller speakers are almost always less efficient so need more power for the same loudness, though they can't achieve the same maximum loudness usually due to obvious mechanical limits.

More Dynamics Please

LP-6 dimensions are specified as 14.125 x 10.25 x 8.75 so the IN-5 cabinet is fractionally larger in height and depth and fractionally smaller in width..

More Dynamics Please

Looks as if YouTube reviewers get top priority these days as there's already an IN-5 review up with comparison to $8,000 Genelecs. All first impressions and no measurements of course.

HooStat

A great alternative to KEF and Elac, particularly because they are powered. Potentially anice home theater speaker as well. I wonder if their sub has a built-in cross-over for this model yet.

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Looking forward to the next gen big model.

Tatteredmidnight

Dimensions at the bottom, this is from the manual. Says their smallest monitor yet, just smaller than the lp-6 according to their video.
View attachment 112727
Kinda strange that the THD measurements are done in such a way so to not be easily compared. This is always irritating, but to put both on the same sheet is even more so.

Top Bottom