• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Just wondered what the opinions are on using an ipad versis a Droid operated pad to run a digital mi

khachai44

Just wondered what the opinions are on using an ipad versis a Droid operated pad to run a digital mixer. I see you can get a Droid cheaper than an ipad. I will need to be able to run Allen & Heath iLive, Yamaha TF5 and a QSC Touch Mix 16. I'm an old analog guy tryin to catch up.
http://amthanhthudo.com/loa-gia-da-obt

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
What compatibility/requirements do the mixer vendors show for the control apps?

And, which version of the Apple OS or Android are shown as compatible?

---

For instance, none of The Allen & Heath apps mention Android, as far as I can see.

---

Unless I am way behind the times, iPad and Android apps are not interchangeable.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I am an android user from way back in Android's beginnings. For controlling music gear or digital mixers you'll likely save yourself a ton of headaches to go with an iPad. Android is not up to speed yet on such things in my opinion. The money spent extra on the ipad (which I feel is generally not a very good deal) in this case will buy you a lack of headaches and issues so you can focus on what is important which is dealing with the music.

Top Bottom