• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Just want to say thanks (Cheese Warning)

Allswell

I've been a long time member of another forum relating to higher quality audio (it starts with H and ends in I..., not sure what the policy here is on naming names) and I wanted to say thank you to this forum and the people on here.

I've only been a member on here for barely a week BUT the amount of support and quality/genuine info I got in these few days has moved me enough to write up a post like this.

That other place I was a part of was just ... so "cold" and it "dragged". It was like pulling teeth just trying to get some basic responses there. Sure I learned a "few" things over the years, but I've literally been on this forum for 7 days now and I've learned and received so much.

I'm glad I found this place. It just seems much more genuine and humble in regards to the way people go about offering advice/discussing topics.

I hope this place never turns into "that" place.

Thank you again.

DivineCurrent

Forum Donor
I've been a long time member of another forum relating to higher quality audio (it starts with H and ends in I..., not sure what the policy here is on naming names) and I wanted to say thank you to this forum and the people on here.

I've only been a member on here for barely a week BUT the amount of support and quality/genuine info I got in these few days has moved me enough to write up a post like this.

That other place I was a part of was just ... so "cold" and it "dragged". It was like pulling teeth just trying to get some basic responses there. Sure I learned a "few" things over the years, but I've literally been on this forum for 7 days now and I've learned and received so much.

I'm glad I found this place. It just seems much more genuine and humble in regards to the way people go about offering advice/discussing topics.

I hope this place never turns into "that" place.

Thank you again.
What a coincidence, I too have been a member at another forum that starts with "H" and ends in "I" for a few years. I wonder if it's the same one you're talking about! :p

Yes, this forum has been a huge help for me regarding high quality audio components. I got brainwashed before finding ASR, thinking DACs and amps costing hundreds or even thousands of dollars might be worth it for extra sound quality. Thanks to Amir and his measurements, as well as others, I'm glad I was able to get out of that way of thinking. Saved me money and gave me peace of mind knowing what I have is more than enough, and differences among most DACs and amps are very small and not audible.

OP
A

Allswell

What a coincidence, I too have been a member at another forum that starts with "H" and ends in "I" for a few years. I wonder if it's the same one you're talking about! :p

Yes, this forum has been a huge help for me regarding high quality audio components. I got brainwashed before finding ASR, thinking DACs and amps costing hundreds or even thousands of dollars might be worth it for extra sound quality. Thanks to Amir and his measurements, as well as others, I'm glad I was able to get out of that way of thinking. Saved me money and gave me peace of mind knowing what I have is more than enough, and differences among most DACs and amps are very small and not audible.

This. Absolutely. :)

Top Bottom