• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Just took a chance with TigerFox Immerse 360

Eurasian

Forum Donor
I have long been a fan of crosstalk cancellation in principle but have generally found the electronic methods to be unnatural and fatiguing. I took a flyer with the TigerFox hoping that it offers a more natural and involving experience — plus it comes with a 60 day satisfaction guarantee. I’ll report back to the group once I’ve had a chance to play with it awhile.

David

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Sort of a gobo for home listening.
1650769784854.png

alex-z

Addicted to Fun and Learning
So let me get this straight, you are paying $500 for a flimsy wall rather than actual acoustic treatment for your room?

Clearly I should be making the career switch to audiophile scam artist, it seems to pay pretty well.

Slick Minkus

I love products like this... Within physical limitations it technically has potential and yet the website is dressed like a conspiracy outlet.
The technology page is almost 30,000 words without mention of dimensions or wavelengths. Instead it's a marketing loop punctuated by images from a suburban reiki institution. A vibe that's beautifully exacerbated by the about page portrait of the 'founder', L. Ron Hubbard à la Steve Jobs.
Either-way, i'm here because I can't resist the slither of potential - of course completely disregarding the humanitarian aid aesthetics of the actual product.
Looking forward to your thoughts...

Last edited:

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They had a room at AXPONA so I actually just tried this today and yes, it really does do something, putting phantom sources above, behind, or 90 degrees to the side of you. There was only one "booth" set up though, each person only got a couple minutes to listen, and you had to pick two tracks in advance off a paper checklist of only 20 which the founder would play for you... :facepalm:

I honestly have no clue to the psychoacouctics of this. As far as I could tell it's just a corrugated plastic panel with stamped creases so it rolls up for storage, which should just add a mess of spectrally altered early reflections. Despite that it seemed to make things sound clearer. I was quite limited by the available test tracks though. I have a feeling that if I got to listen to anything I was familiar with it would actually sound like a bad upmixer that puts instruments in seeming random channels.

They were also using JBL 305 MK IIs with it to try and show how good their product was, even with cheap speakers. They kept mentioning them only being "$100" speakers, but they never go on sale that cheap any more.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
They had a room at AXPONA so I actually just tried this today and yes, it really does do something, putting phantom sources above, behind, or 90 degrees to the side of you. There was only one "booth" set up though, each person only got a couple minutes to listen, and you had to pick two tracks in advance off a paper checklist of only 20 which the founder would play for you... :facepalm:

I honestly have no clue to the psychoacouctics of this. As far as I could tell it's just a corrugated plastic panel with stamped creases so it rolls up for storage, which should just add a mess of spectrally altered early reflections. Despite that it seemed to make things sound clearer. I was quite limited by the available test tracks though. I have a feeling that if I got to listen to anything I was familiar with it would actually sound like a bad upmixer that puts instruments in seeming random channels.

They were also using JBL 305 MK IIs with it to try and show how good their product was, even with cheap speakers. They kept mentioning them only being "$100" speakers, but they never go on sale that cheap any more.
My guess would be it focuses and thereby raises the level of reflections above the early masking threshold.

Katji

Major Contributor
:oops: Good Lord.

...Audiophile craziness next level.

Yasuo

So this is a new type of headphones?

kthulhutu

I read through their marketing blurb and didn't understand what is being sold. Is it really just a portable RFZ?

Loathecliff

How does it "immerse" without a roof and a door?

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
Intriguing, I'll be interested to her what you think of it.

However, I agree with Slick Minkus, the web site is dreadfull, it looks like one of those sites that offers miracle diet supplements that burn belly fat, or pills that enlarge certain parts of your anatomy. :p

mSpot

Ah, end of the day. Time to kick back, get into my claustrophobic booth and listen to music with my head locked into a precise sweet spot.

Cars-N-Cans

I would think it should sound similar to Sennheiser‘s Ambeo recordings on headphones if it “works.” I had a chance to do a direct comparison between the Ambeo version of the recording made with the dummy head and the “master stereo” recording done with regular microphones on a speaker system that handled all the sundry issues of cross-talk and what not and they imaged pretty much the same, with only tonality differences from the different mic responses. At least the earlier samples did. I dont think that Ambeo system was any sort of success, tho. The later recordings kinda suck. But at any rate, that’s what it should do, I would think. From the quick demo it just sounds like any other near-field system, but without one’s actual pinnae in the sound-field, it’s hard to say.

Cars-N-Cans

Ah, end of the day. Time to kick back, get into my claustrophobic booth and listen to music with my head locked into a precise sweet spot.

Yeah not my cup of tea. But it looks like it could take one’s experience in the throne room to the next level. Now the burning question would be whether or not the acoustics are reciprocal, i.e. does sound emerging from the center get focused? Would be embarrassing to break wind and have it suddenly have 30 dB of acoustic gain for someone standing outside waiting. Joking aside if it works, it works. But still an oddity for sure.

hemiutut

I see a lot of messing about a very cheap product vs much more expensive alternatives. It reminds me of when HSU Research introduced their products. at the New York Fair 2014. I recommend that you read the comments of the specialized press.
By the way, curious that HSU Research does not receive many invitations for other fairs in the sector, as I see in the comments.
https://www.avsforum.com/threads/the-new-york-audio-show-2014-reality-check.1710722/
For the record,I am just a fan :cool:
75530955431abb996fff.jpg

Written with translator.
Greetings

Top Bottom