• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Just took a chance with TigerFox Immerse 360

Darkscience

I have long been a fan of crosstalk cancellation in principle but have generally found the electronic methods to be unnatural and fatiguing. I took a flyer with the TigerFox hoping that it offers a more natural and involving experience — plus it comes with a 60 day satisfaction guarantee. I’ll report back to the group once I’ve had a chance to play with it awhile.

David

Sounds like you know what your getting into. For me though, having to deal with this contraption is just not worth whatever experience it is giving you. Maybe I am old school but I say just use headphones and or treat your room. I seriously need to start an audiophile company...

Prana Ferox

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Screenshot 2022-05-23 151702.jpg

It's the rug that really ties this all together.

Cars-N-Cans

View attachment 208498

It's the rug that really ties this all together.
It’s the audiophiles version of a pod house. If you can’t afford $100k speakers, they just ship you this in the post instead in a long cardboard tube. Works just as good, and with the rug there it’s just as cozy as your grandparents living room. Wonder what a full send with Genelec 8361’s would be like? Think they would just blow it over like a straw house? You could be the real-life guy from those old Maxell commercials.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1653381690976.png

Well, you can't argue with that.

JRR

I bought one of these on "free non risk trial".

The experience was anything but. When I wanted to return them I received a call from the owner who initially seemed to look for feedback but in reality turned to waste thirty minutes of my time trying to convince me to keep it. After spending $100 to UPS it back to the company they further docked me $100 for marks from my listening chair on the floor pad. The floor pad is seemingly made out of the same type of padded polyester typically lining a trunk in a cheap car and WILL dent from normal use. They only docked me $100 after a long argument where the owner would use every cheap trick in the book including shaming, guilt, and blaming. This was an utterly pitiful experience! CAVEAT
EMPTOR!

Cars-N-Cans

The experience was anything but. When I wanted to return them I received a call from the owner who initially seemed to look for feedback but in reality turned to waste thirty minutes of my time trying to convince me to keep it. After spending $100 to UPS it back to the company they further docked me $100 for marks from my listening chair on the floor pad. The floor pad is seemingly made out of the same type of padded polyester typically lining a trunk in a cheap car and WILL dent from normal use. They only docked me $100 after a long argument where the owner would use every cheap trick in the book including shaming, guilt, and blaming. This was an utterly pitiful experience! CAVEAT
EMPTOR!
I take it the thing is useless as tits on a bull, but did it even work at all? I would think even if it did what is advertised the interaural cross-talk still present would just defeat the whole premise to begin with and just make it sound all congested and claustrophobic. I just get the feeling they pulled some s*** out of their hindquarters when they saw a cardioid diagram somewhere and decided to make it into a product.

Edit: And how ironic would it be if the $100 they insisted on keeping was the actual production cost of the unit? It would not surprise me. Free non-risk trial... for them.

kthulhutu

EMPTOR!
This is what I would expect after looking at their website.
How did it actually sound though?

chorus

Rick O'Polka presented his system at the August 27th SpeakerFest event in Arizona. Some people bought his product.
My session was rushed but there is some special sound to be experienced. The highest and best use for
this "Gizmo" has yet to be determined. I think our club will buy one to play with!!

JRR

This is what I would expect after looking at their website.
How did it actually sound though?
It improved clarity in a similar way to a very well behaved fully symmetrical room. the soundstage was quite large and there were immersive effects that I'd describe as sounds emanating 90 degrees to either side. I'd attribute the effect to a lack of first reflections beyond a certain time domain thus the ear doesn't filter/mask much of the sound. It allows you to play loud at lower volumes because you are close to the speakers and the acoustic energy is focused directly at you. It's not a bad concept but Rick is a terrible businessman that does not stand behind his word. There is nothing trial like about purchasing this let alone risk free.

kthulhutu

It improved clarity in a similar way to a very well behaved fully symmetrical room. the soundstage was quite large and there were immersive effects that I'd describe as sounds emanating 90 degrees to either side. I'd attribute the effect to a lack of first reflections beyond a certain time domain thus the ear doesn't filter/mask much of the sound. It allows you to play loud at lower volumes because you are close to the speakers and the acoustic energy is focused directly at you. It's not a bad concept but Rick is a terrible businessman that does not stand behind his word. There is nothing trial like about purchasing this let alone risk free.
It's a comb filtering booth as I expected, with a tiny sweetspot for acoustic crosstalk cancellation.
I'm assuming you returned it because you got tired of the phantom images? Faking envelopment can be pleasing but it's best done in the digital domain where the user has full control...

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I remember sitting in something like this (about 45 years ago) in the 'Evoluon'.

It blocked outside sounds and you could hear the music undisturbed inside.
When you stepped out you could not hear the music you heard inside.
I was quite impressed.

perhaps ideal for people that do not want to disturb others (and not wear a headphone) or wants to get some 'rest' on the ears.

JRR

It's a comb filtering booth as I expected, with a tiny sweetspot for acoustic crosstalk cancellation.
I'm assuming you returned it because you got tired of the phantom images? Faking envelopment can be pleasing but it's best done in the digital domain where the user has full control...

I returned because I didn't want to sit in a claustrophobic booth and listen to music.

Cars-N-Cans

I returned because I didn't want to sit in a claustrophobic booth and listen to music.
I hate to be devils advocate here, but I can't help but point out that Rick's product worked as advertised, and every photo, diagram, and picture of it on their website shows it to be just that: A small, claustrophobic booth. Yeah, I agree that Rick should stand by his word and provide a full refund and not squabble over things, but on the other hand, some responsibility needs to be born by the purchaser that a "risk free trial" is not a rental, its a purchase that you can return if you feel the advertising was being deceptive or the product was faulty in some way. I don't want to unnecessarily stir the pot, here, but the thing did work like he said it would.

1664934746161.png

Cars-N-Cans

And for what its worth, the whole "risk-free trial" thing is something that needs to die since it means different things to both the seller: "I think my product is just so damn good!" and the buyer: "Gonna buy it anyway since I can just send it back after a bit."

And he does seem to be a bit overconfident with the statement: "And, at any time during those 60 days, if you’re not 100% happy or convinced that the Immerse 360 is the best audio you’ve ever experienced, then you will get your money back guaranteed." I can say with a fair degree of confidence that it wouldn't be since the same experience can be had using normal speakers with a wide dispersion pattern in the nearfield with an RFZ around the listening position. But if I was stuck in an apartment in Tokyo, I would consider it. :p

Top Bottom