• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Just bought 2 car audio 4 channel amps for $79. So far? so good.

iMickey503

Forum Donor
WAS $79 bucks. Free shipping. Did luck out. But as usual blaupunkt quality.
1651189262823.png

Oh LOOK! Every screw was loose. Just like me! But these two.. They could not even make in in the threads?
Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 5.22.32 AM.png

Another.. Hmm.
Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 5.23.20 AM.png

Remember, this is a NEW amp. Maybe these stickers are just for fun.
Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 5.22.55 AM.png

With semi cross threaded holes.
Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 5.28.56 AM.png

Internals look good. Its the same as the Bluetooth version.
Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 5.33.38 AM.png

Where this sticker is. I sure hope you don't break this seal on the cap.
Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 5.32.07 AM.png

Not sure if this wire SHOULD go there on top of the transformer. I moved mine out of the top of it and to the side so it would not touch it and lay on top of it.
Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 5.31.28 AM.png

You are going to have to tighten the plastic end cap screws as well.
Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 5.37.51 AM.png

These are as well. You can see its bowed? Why?
Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 5.20.18 AM.png

Controls and layout on the manual not hosted on their site.
Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 5.16.30 AM.png

Fits easy under the seat and small spaces. TIme to vacuum the car again. Judge all you want. I put in a new amp to test just about every other month or so.
IMG_20220428_014210.jpg

BigD Whiz did its Bluetooth version, and show better photos the guts and power of this unit.

Verdict on sound? Its punchy for sure running it at around 2 ohms.
But the bluetooth version is about the same price. I got that too coming in the mail from ebay for $50 bucks!

Thing is. You have to have at least a 4 volt pre out to really get this amp to sing. I have a feeling that the 96 S.N ratio is when it using a 5v preout.

Amp when nothing is plugged in is quiet as far as I can tell. But it was late last night, and I'm swapping out the deck since I had a Preamp failure.

What I can tell you is that for the price and sound? Its a good amp to use at 2 ohms. And time will tell about hot weather operation. I always use a fan on my amps anyways.

For Front active stage? It should do the job nicely as long as you have a 2ohm load. They are small enough that they can be used bridged so you get plenty of power for 2 channels of Front stage at 4 ohms bridged.

What I like about it is the size. Its small. No problem for any under the seat install.

Overall. I still recommend you find something else if you pay more than 80 bucks for it. Or you have the space. I hope to see if it passes my "Ear Check" to see if I like it.

Was going to post it on deals, but with how I got this amp, I can't recommend it. I have a second identical unit I purchased last night and will get that today and see if it has the same issues as this one. Otherwise, installation is easy. Just a philips and your up and running.

The RCA terminals are bolted in the plastic end caps, so I don't see any issues with those breaking the solder joint on the Mainboard. Be sure to check if the screws are tight if you buy one.

This amp gets...
Cheeseburgers as its rating.
rendered.jpg

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That's more watts than my microwave, which runs on 115Vac.;)
You may have been able to afford a decent used 2nd-hand battery and/or some used caps from the junk yard for the price of those cheezyburgers!

Top Bottom