• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JTR Noesis 110HT -- anybody have any measurements?

HooStat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I am looking at options for our living room HT system and ran across some recommendations for JTR speakers. I don't know much about them, or the Noesis 110HT in particular. A web search has not turned up much on these speakers. These would be for use in an LCR setup. 11" is about the max amount of space I can get below the TV, so these would fit. Apparently he used to have an 8" version of this speaker, so anything on that would be interesting too.

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Supposedly Matt from audioholics is doing a review and spinorama, but not sure when that will be released. I have the slanted versions, but their positioning is so far from optimal that it's hard to compare to the JTR towers. They have much wider dispersion than the towers, which may be a good or bad thing, depending on your preferences. They don't image as well as the towers, and aren't as clear, but they envelop you with sound better than the towers do.

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Supposedly Matt from audioholics is doing a review and spinorama, but not sure when that will be released. I have the slanted versions, but their positioning is so far from optimal that it's hard to compare to the JTR towers. They have much wider dispersion than the towers, which may be a good or bad thing, depending on your preferences. They don't image as well as the towers, and aren't as clear, but they envelop you with sound better than the towers do.
He measured a different model (212RT), which did surprisingly well. Did he get the 110HT as well?

full-png.30942

Very narrow directivity though.

Last edited:
OP
HooStat

HooStat

It is unusual that this is measured at 100+ db? I wonder if it would be different at 85 db. I guess this is what happens with really efficient speakers.

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It is unusual that this is measured at 100+ db? I wonder if it would be different at 85 db. I guess this is what happens with really efficient speakers.
It is rated at 98dB @2.83Vrms.

Looks like ~101dB for the measurement, so +3dB, so ~4Vrms (2W into 8ohm).

For high sensitivity speakers you really should have an amp with high SNR.

OP
HooStat

HooStat

It makes me wonder if a very sensitive speaker like this is optimal for EQ. There is enough headroom that one can shelve things down a few db and then really smooth out the curve with the EQ without increasing distortion. I don't know what other less optimal effects that might have on other aspects of the response though.

theJman

I heard a pair of the 110HT's predecessor at a GTG, the Single 8HT. They could play incredibly loud before they began to show signs of stress, but without EQ they did come across as a bit harsh. I know Jeff has sent a lot of his stuff to Data-bass but it's too late in the year for that now. JTR just moved to South Carolina so it might take them some time to get back into the swing of things. Sending out review units could take a back seat in the near term.

Top Bottom