• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JPS LABS ULTRACONDUCTOR 2 XLR Cable Review

Rate this Cable

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 239 94.8%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 11 4.4%

• Total voters

Burning Sounds

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Indeed, it is class, but under that exterior it's a Lotus/Renault. I wonder who makes the bulk cable that carries the JPS branding.

RF Air

Forum Donor
Not feeling so bad about the Tributaries I purchased on sale back in the day. Thanks for the review Amir!

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Just the physical appearance looks like industrial instrumentation cable. They usually have multiple twisted pairs and a tough outer jacket. They typically are rather stiff with something like a 4 inch minimum bend radius. OTOH, I have some of the same WBC cables which are sinfully supple to work with.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@amirm did you really hear a difference or it's sarcasm?
If you do uncontrolled test your basically 100% sure to "hear" differences Amir demonstrated a result of typical sighted testing , swaping the order of the cables might have yielded at different result :) In short if you listen to the same song 2 times in a row and think something has changed you can bet $ that a "difference" migth appear :)

TNT

...."and pulled up my reference test clips."

Clips? You didn't use youtube, did you?

None compressed, std/high-rez music, we call "tracks"... ;-)

//

RF Air

Forum Donor
And their F1 cars always looked the best to me. Just class.

4925333867_aef4edd989_b.jpg
iu

Hello @restorer-john : I liked your F1 Car. I just need to post this up for you with respect and the hope for one of your great responses.

KxDx

The sad part is that most cables aren't even visible. Unlike some other snake oil, you can't show these off to your friends that easily.

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
Second to that. As a child I was the greatest fun of legendary Lotus team. The most beautiful F1 branding of all time IMHO.
Yes, the black and gold looked great. That was when Fittipaldi was F1 champion.

Last edited:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

4. Great (golfing panther) 6.3%​

Uh huh. Riiiight. Must be the ASR troll percentage.

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
Just the physical appearance looks like industrial instrumentation cable. They usually have multiple twisted pairs and a tough outer jacket. They typically are rather stiff with something like a 4 inch minimum bend radius. OTOH, I have some of the same WBC cables which are sinfully supple to work with.
Sinfully supple? Just how supple is that?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The sad part is that most cables aren't even visible. Unlike some other snake oil, you can't show these off to your friends that easily.
Someone ought to make glowing cables, so they announce their presence in unmistakable terms.

Reactions: GPJ

Speedskater

Major Contributor
Back to analog interconnect cables:
The cable differences will be in noise and/or interference. Like Shield Current Induced Noise current (SCIN).
Retired Audio Engineering Society interference expert Jim Brown and others, wrote AES papers on this topic some 20 years ago.

See the AES Papers section.

Top Bottom