• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JPS LABS ULTRACONDUCTOR 2 XLR Cable Review

Rate this Cable

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 239 94.8%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 11 4.4%

• Total voters

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was going to say that the streamer has a serious defect in its power supply, and that you need to get a refund. But then I realized that any such "defect" is are just as physically impossible as the effects you're descibing.

Dude, there's a very, very high risk of your conclusions being based on simple confirmation bias.
Yes always suspect some form of experimental error when reaching such conclusion because they are so very unlikely .

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Do you think the confirmation bias holds over weeks, even when you also compare other gear and listen to other systems? Is there a huge database to keep all that information in sync?

I think that is doesn't mix like paint or gets cancelled by other effects. If first the idea of something being "higher quality" takes hold of you, you can't compare your way out of it.

And a common database to let people think that Naim sounds great, Krell has good bass, B&W sounds a bit sharp at times and JBL and Klipsch are not always high end but do rock?

Amps can have load dependencies, and speakers have indisputable differences in frequency responses and dispersion patterns.

Some of the lore is probably fueled by the reputation of the gear causing a self reinforced circle of expectation bias, but actual sound signatures in gear are definitely a possibility. They are all easily spotted in measurements though. And most importantly, none of it has anything to do with power cables whatsoever.

Last edited:

Hellboy.

The wire is available in other colors too. As well as sleeving, etc..

3 pin XLR (great for connecting DAC to amp)

4 Pin XLR

Thanks for the links.

Probably a noob question but if i make the cables with this parts, they are fully balanced cables?

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, he sent me the XLR, USB and Power Cable (which I just reviewed). It all went with the XIAudio amplifier I reviewed. I believe all were recommended by the seller as a package for him to get the "best experience." :)

JPS Labs makes the Abyss headphones, all the cables, and distributes the XIAUDIO amplifier.

Martin

elvisizer

heh that's cool, I have bought a LOT of cables from WBC in the last couple of years, good to see them tested

Caliban

Forum Donor
This is my contribution to cool cars. Mine since new. 1973-74 something :)
Wrong driver though, it should be Ronnie Peterson in it, (blue, yellow helmet)
The driver here is Emerson Fittipaldi, both were supplied with the car.
It is miracle that it survived my childhood.

IMG_0129.JPG

Last edited:

subframe

The picture sure looks like the heat shrink doesn’t even extend underneath the rubber boot on the connector. That’s low, low quality work.

OShag

Supports the notion that sensibly-designed balanced cables generally sound the same. In my experience, the same conclusion does apply to single-ended /unbalanced interconnect cables.

Top Bottom