• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

John Cleese is forced to cut famous Life of Brian scene about men having babies from his new West End show

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielT

Major Contributor
It was not unexpected. But damn how easily offended people seem to be these days.:oops:

What do you think of this removal?

Cleese told an audience at his one-man show last week that when the scene (co-written with the late Graham Chapman) was performed at a read-through for the new show in New York last year, doubts emerged. 'At the end, I said to the American actors: 'What do you think?' And they said: 'We love the script, but you can't do that stuff about Loretta nowadays.'

'So here you have something there's never been a complaint about in 40 years, that I've heard of, and now all of a sudden we can't do it because it'll offend people. What is one supposed to make of that? But I think there were a lot of things that were actually, in some strange way, predictive of what was actually going to happen later.'

(lots of popup ads on that page)

It is about this classic scene that will not be included in the theater production:

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
A young woman who sees it reacts. She thinks it's fun and she's not offended. She comments on the scene at 3:30 in the video. That based on today's climate.

0:55 into the video the sketch begins:

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
And the 2nd video is restricted to adults??? :facepalm:
Ha ha now I see it. I could see the video BUT if I put it on ASR it seems to be blocked.:oops::mad:

In any case just do a search on Youtube: AMERICAN REACTS TO MONTY PYTHON | I WANT TO BE A WOMAN AMANDA RAE

She likes it, a screenshot::D
Screenshot_2023-05-21_104034.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom