• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Joe N Tell HI Fi Summit Digital Trade Show - What do you think?

SmackDaddies

I bought my ticket, but I know and trust Joe. We are both mods on r/budgetaudiophile and I have had a lot of interaction with him. Joe has committed a lot of unpaid time to try and make the audiophile world better (just like @amirm)

I bought in because I believe there is a whole world of people interested in quality sound reproduction that will never go to a show, and only get their advice on the internet through forums like this, reddit, and people with youtube channels. To me, even pre covid-19, this is the future and if you want to be successful you have to figure it out.

Will this show be perfect? No. Will it be good? Yes. But again, I have two years of working with Joe so I already trust him. If others are skeptical, I get that.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
??? Your job is to know what your competition is doing so you can desperately try and copy it . When I was at Microsoft, I changed my home page to our competitor's so I would know every morning exactly what they announced and what it meant for us.
Fify

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm surprised @amirm still thinks the " when I was at Microsoft " thing actually lends weight to his argument..

Probably a good indication the ban button is going to take a hammering.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

Colonel7

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Any summaries available?
I've watched about 1/2. Been impressed so far for it being virtual. Those guys are going to be exhausted when it's done.

Highlights to me were the Vanatoo presentation (got into design approach and nice give and take) and AIX/Mark Waldrep's listening study on high res vs cd-quality (nice stories too on recording with artists and compression/loudness wars). I think that the online study is still open and he's looking for younger listeners (under 40) to balance the age of respondents.

Folks might also want to check out Dirac and MMM by Kali seminars as intros, which I found useful. I'm still checking out individual vendor presentations; like any event the quality is dependent on the presenters - some much better than others.

SmackDaddies

I thought the Mofi was well done, especially for newer audiophiles. The Sonus Faber made me want to run out and buy some. Kanto was a good presentation. II think I like AIX records the best. The SVS vender presentation was good also

Top Bottom