• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Job openings for software developer in Pacific Northwest?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
No, not for me. :) Our youngest son (in his late 20s) is looking for a developer position in Seattle area. His strengths are in programming (C++), 3-D graphics, gaming (he has written his own multi-threaded gaming engine), video, and computer knowledge. His career has been in testing though and he wants to get out of that and start working as a full-time programmer. He is going through the usual process of sending resumes to companies but that path is slow. So I thought I ping the membership to see if anyone knows of any job openings to match his skills. He is very flexible on the area of work, level, etc.

Please start a conversation with me if you know of any positions. Much appreciate any help in advance!

P.S. Please comment in this thread if you think we should have a jobs section in the forum.

bigjacko

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I will definitely need a job section here, been finding job for one year as engineer, crazy.o_O

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hello you all. My son is still struggling to get through the front door of these companies. If anyone has open programming jobs at their companies and can cut through the red tape, I will be very appreciative if you can contact me. Much thanks in advance.

Stokdoof

Forum Donor
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Not sure if it is helpful, but..

Maybe consider moving to The Netherlands for a few years?

https://www.glassdoor.com/Job/netherlands-game-developer-jobs-SRCH_IL.0,11_IN178_KO12,26.htm
https://www.asml.com/en/careers/find-your-job
https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=English&redirected=1&vjk=68ed6e25ac4269d8

In the Netherlands, English speaking is no issue. See many Youtube channels from American Expats in the Netherlands
Wow, didn't realize there were so many game development jobs there! Appreciate the links. I don't think he will want to relocate but I will let him know.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello you all. My son is still struggling to get through the front door of these companies. If anyone has open programming jobs at their companies and can cut through the red tape, I will be very appreciative if you can contact me. Much thanks in advance.
We as an international company usually even have a hard time recruiting good software developers in our Texas (DFW) or European locations, despite offering very good compensation.

Maybe look there, as there seem to be more opportunities, mobility provided. But big companies often support relocation financially. Sorry can’t say anything about the Northwest.

Anonamemouse

Wow, didn't realize there were so many game development jobs there! Appreciate the links. I don't think he will want to relocate but I will let him know.
Taxes are insane here, and only going up. Out of every euro one earns, 89 cents end up at the black hole called government. Also, gas is €2,10 per liter.

Last edited:

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
11%? That doesn't seem very high.
I took it the other way that he was in the 89% bracket....which seems too high even there. Unless you're a right winger then anything's possible as to how much you're being "repressed" :)

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Listening to Northern Europeans complain about how 'bad' their countries are to live in is honestly very cringe.

Like most countries don't even have drinkable tap water at home, a non-humiliating public transport system or even a functioning infrastructure for things like power and gas.

The second most complained about problem in Belgium is dog poop on the streets, with the first one being break-ins.

jpanda

Hello Amir,
Has he tried to apply to the open positions at Microsoft / Studio Alpha? (like the one for a software engineer in rendering)
C++ / 3D, it seems a good fit.
Anyway, it would give him an overview of the expected skills he could develop to improve his profile in that domain.

Raindog123

Major Contributor
Is he firmly locked on gaming? They also use programming at Boeings, SpaceX‘s, and Amazons… From digital engineering to big data, AI, cloud services/computing, user experience, embedded and everything inbetween…?

Top Bottom