• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Jensen ISO-Max CI-1RR Review (Isolation Transformer)

laurelkurt

Forum Donor
Both components connected by the link transformer are supposed to be grounded, class I. If they are floating class II instruments, the hum will inevitably increase due to stray capacitances and their non symmetry.
So the pre-pro and the amp should both be chassis grounded to a 3rd prong plug? Couldn't that open another possible ground loop or would the Iso-max (hopefully) prevent that? If so, can you point me to a (relatively) simple instruction to safely convert a floating class II to a grounded class I? Answering with no is just fine with me, and thanks again. :)

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Since when did a XFMR become a trafo?
I did measure CMRR of my $10 ISO trafo, 70db@60Hz, 60db@1000Hz. 0db is 2Vrms.
International Organization for Standardization also has a similar question?:confused:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

KSTR

Major Contributor
Since when did a XFMR become a trafo?
XFMR is sloppy abbreviation (there isn't even an X in the word 'transformer', nor are any characters uppercase), trafo is way more correct (transformer) and widely used internationally.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Xmas.....xfmr.........................as long as everyone knows what you mean. I don't see Xfmr confused with something else.

PS, and actually I do dislike Xmas or X-mas for Christmas.

PPS-would you prefer tfmr, tformer or t-former? I wouldn't.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

ErVikingo

How does this compare to an Earthquake GLI-200?

Top Bottom