• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Jeff Rowland 535 Stereo Amplifier Review

wwenze

Major Contributor
That's 10 big electrolytic caps they could have removed without impacting performance... unless performance is affected by how audiophile it looks.

showimage.asp

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, I am concerned about testing expensive amplifiers that way given what happened to Devialet!
Yes, and these class D amps and peripheral circuitry are no cakewalk for diagnosing and repairing. Especially without proper service literature and access to parts. I would be cautious too. Treading in new waters for sure. :D

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Well, I am concerned about testing expensive amplifiers that way given what happened to Devialet!
You milk Jeff for money, Jeff no like milkers .. you being serious with this ?

I think you make laugh for Jeff haters , ask for money for dog brushing .

Koeitje

Major Contributor

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What is the long term implication of this understandable position? Are you going to stop testing them as you cannot test them completely, or move to only testing new models that are under warranty? What is the legal situation on warranty repairs from mild stress testing?

YSC

Major Contributor
The amp itself surely looked gorgeous, but I agree with amirm, if it really deliver SOTA performance and with that look I will surely feel it deserves the price but not this mediocre performance

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
I am completely disgusted by high-end.

I have a question anyway.

I consider the pioneers where on the market in 70's and later, and were proud of their products. But right now they are retired and the brands are owned by pension funds an other kind of company that do not care about anything except cash. I do not know it is the case with this brand, but in this dynamic you can buy any high end audio brand, and sell bs because what is important is the front plate with the name on it. After few years the company has lost the market but anyway your pockets are full of $ and you can resell and destroy another brand.

Is it the case for JR?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
From the module datasheet. This is more or less comparable to ICEpower technology.

IMG_20200412_074307.jpg

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The string of disappointments continues .... mundane performance for top shelf prices ...

I love numbers, They tend to tell the story very clearly, in my experience:

For those of us (not so young anymore I would think) who have spent tens of thousands of dollars in High End Audio thinking naively that Mo' money = Mo' Performance this is almost sad.
For those new to the game of Audio reproduction, this is a reminder that you don't need to spend crazy money for high performance audio. These days a budget limit of $3000 for a (large) room-shaking accurate 2-ch audio reproduction system covering 20~20,000 linearly and SPL >100 dB at 3 meters,
For headphones about $400 ... DAC , Amp, headphones

Top Bottom