• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JDS Labs Atom DAC+ Review

Wizard509

Forum Donor
Both are well beyond the threshold of audibility; in other words they sound exactly the same. With the Element series you’re paying for the much nicer machined enclosure.

If you’re feeding the DAC via USB, you’d be better off going with the Element II. The separates are only advantageous if you need some other digital input.

Noob here - can you help me understand the last two sentences of your post?

Chesapeake HT

I had posed the question about this vs. the Schiit Modi+. Both are very comparable spec wise, so it came down to a few reviews about company philosophy/ customer support, several emails with John S., and the engravable HEVI top. Sounds much better than the built in Mac Mini dac (M1 2020 year, apparently newer M2 Macs have improved internal dac?). Also loving the Stealie on top!

RenderedImage.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6560.jpeg
    IMG_6560.jpeg
    238.2 KB · Views: 45

Jimster480

Major Contributor
I had posed the question about this vs. the Schiit Modi+. Both are very comparable spec wise, so it came down to a few reviews about company philosophy/ customer support, several emails with John S., and the engravable HEVI top. Sounds much better than the built in Mac Mini dac (M1 2020 year, apparently newer M2 Macs have improved internal dac?). Also loving the Stealie on top!

View attachment 291015
Looks great and fits with the Mini!

How much better is Atom Dac compared to the fiio K3s? is it $100 better? asking because it's the only two decent Dac I can think of that works with PS5

Top Bottom