• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JDS atom

Crimac95

Having an aune x1s is it worth upgrading the amp part with a JDS labs atom?

OP
C

Crimac95

Actually I've just ordered the x1s. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I just meant if it's worth spending 150 Euros more or the x1s' amp is good enough for my dt1990 pro.

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Actually I've just ordered the x1s. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I just meant if it's worth spending 150 Euros more or the x1s' amp is good enough for my dt1990 pro.
I would wait until you get the X1S and see (hear) how it sounds with your headphones, then determine if you need something more, instead of possibly having an extra amp you might not need.

pwjazz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

The DT 1990 is very efficient. I drive mine from my LG V20 phone at 75% volume.

OP
C

Crimac95

The atom has more power, has lower output impedance and less distortion. If you listen at low volume or less demanding headphones, then X1s would be just fine.
Hey since I'll be playing music from my fiio m9 is there some streaming thing or whatever that I can connect via USB to the x1s so I don't have to connect the m9 to it?

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

I have succumbed. There is nothing wrong with my current setup but I am an audiophile (Sue me :))... I want to buy the "ASR Special" (JDS Lab Atom Amp + Khardas Tone Board DAC) on Amazon... Strange thing:, searching on Amazon for JDS Labs Atom returns a bunch of JDS Labs amps but not the Atom Amp ... I could previously find the Atom with the same search terms; "JDS ATOM AMP" or similar ... What gives?

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In searching for the Atom on Amazon USA from my seller account (which shows both in and out of stock items) I see no Atom Listing for the model. It probably was not sold here.

Top Bottom