• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JDS Atom alternative in Europe?

Haze

I was thinking about getting a JDS Atom and a Khadas tone board as an upgrade from my tried and true ODac+O2 combo unit. Unfortunately once you factor in around $40 for international shipping and very likely monstrous import tax the Atom loses much of its budget appeal. What are the alternatives? Also are their any single box alternatives that would give me Khadas + good amp performance at a competitive price?

Thanks.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
At least one UK dealer sells the JDS Atom, at a very fair price. I bought mine from them, try hifiheadphones.

OP
H

Haze

At least one UK dealer sells the JDS Atom, at a very fair price. I bought mine from them, try hifiheadphones.

Out stock at the moment but fingers crossed. Thanks!

Silou

headsound.de
Your current setup is pretty competetive though

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was thinking about getting a JDS Atom and a Khadas tone board as an upgrade from my tried and true ODac+O2 combo unit. Unfortunately once you factor in around $40 for international shipping and very likely monstrous import tax the Atom loses much of its budget appeal. What are the alternatives? Also are their any single box alternatives that would give me Khadas + good amp performance at a competitive price?

Thanks.

I bought a JDS Lab Atom, there was no import tax and shipping was around 30$ only. Still a bargain at that price IMHO.

OP
H

Haze

Just a quick bump before I lay down any money. Am I going to see any audible improvement in moving on from the odac and o2? The two things I'm considering are the tone board and the atom or the Topping DX3 Pro v2 as a neat all in one alternative.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just a quick bump before I lay down any money. Am I going to see any audible improvement in moving on from the odac and o2? The two things I'm considering are the tone board and the atom or the Topping DX3 Pro v2 as a neat all in one alternative.

To be honest I really doubt it. The Atom is pretty much as good as headphone amplifiers get apart from the low rent plastic case but the O2 remains an excellent audibly transparent amplifier. Ditto for the DAC.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I personally don't really adore the performance of odac. O2 tho, it's pretty excellent from many aspects.

bravehearTM

I am thinking on selling my atom amp ... barely used as I have a tube amp that I like a bit more. I live in Netherlands, if you are interested, I am sure we can arrange something.

StrangeFruit

I am thinking on selling my atom amp ... barely used as I have a tube amp that I like a bit more. I live in Netherlands, if you are interested, I am sure we can arrange something.
Hey, I would be interested in that atom amp if it is still available. I have a Sennheiser HD600 that I have been using with my Dragonfly Red for the past two years but I think I am ready for something different. There is also the possibility that I might shift my Dragonfly to the office for my iems so I am also looking for a DAC.

Top Bottom