• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JBL Tune 710BT - Great UK Sale Price

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
I decided to pull the trigger on a pair of JBL Tune 710BTs, and went hunting online.

Lots of places selling them for £59.99, which is a tenner cheaper than list price.

Argos is selling them for a great £44.99, but they're out of stock for delivery, and at all my local stores.

I noticed that you could buy them from JBL direct for the same price, so I went to their site to see how much I'd have to pay for postage, only to fine that was free, so very pleased.

When I got to the checkout there was one of those boxes asking if you have a discount code. I see these all the time, and usually never give them a thought, but this time I thought why not have a quick look. So I opened a new tab, and googled "jbl promo code". This came up:

Top one is 10% off selected orders at JBL. Obviously I thought "Selected orders, that won't be me obviously". But I copied and pasted it, and it worked.

End result, I'm getting £69.99's worth of headphones for a few pence over £40.

Anyway, it looks like that 10% offer runs to the end of the year, though whether the reduction in price from £69.99 to £44.99 will last is another matter.

I just thought I'd share the deal.

OP
Yorkshire Mouth

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
They arrived yesterday. I won’t post a review, as I’m not even close to being either expert, or trained, or golden-eared enough to pontificate.

I will just offer a very subjective first view.

- They sounded great to me.
- They’re very light.
- Clamp force is initially a little tight, but time, and the light weight, meant this wasn’t an issue, but I’ll comment further once I’ve taken them for a longer test drive.
- The earpieces are unusually small. Almost heading towards on-ear territory. In addition, the angle of the headband felt quite ‘forward’ to me. However, I found I could get them to completely cover my ears without it breaking the seal. Maybe I just have small ears. But bass is usually the first thing to suffer, and Angel by Massive Attack is my go-to track. I moved the pads around to get maximum sub-bass (which was very good indeed, by the way), then let go, with the headphones in what would be their normal position, and the bass didn’t decrease.

I’d love to see what @amirm thinks of these, as at £40 they seem like an absolute steal.

usersky

Forum Donor
They sound good without EQ but they hurt my ears badly, after 5 minutes I feel I have to take them off.

OP
Yorkshire Mouth

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
They sound good without EQ but they hurt my ears badly, after 5 minutes I feel I have to take them off.

Could you be more specific? Do you have to take them off because of something to do with the sound (distortion?) or a lack of physical comfort from the unit itself?

OP
Yorkshire Mouth

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
A quick update.

I live in Yorkshire, which gets warm about once every 6 years. On the odd occasion that I’ve walked to the local shop (which is when I do a deal of my listening) when it’s warm, and worn over-ear headphones, my ears have become very sweaty.

As such, I expected I’d be using my IEMs a lot on my recent holiday in Greece.

However, to be honest i did end up using the JBLs, and found them pretty comfortable. Warm? Yes. A tad warmer than I’d like? Yes. Unbearable? Absolutely not. Far more comfortable than I expected.

I still really, (really, really) want to see @amirm measuring these.

MayaTlab

Addicted to Fun and Learning
These are still the best experience I've had with a pair of Harman headphones to date, and they were the cheapest :D. But maybe I've just been lucky as only moderate effort is required for my ears to fit into the cups. Leakage could be a serious issue for some individuals with these.

Compared (often directly) with : K371, K371BT, JBL Tour One, Mark Levinson 5909, AKG Y600NC, AKG N700NCM2, and a JBL Live something (can't even recall it).

Top Bottom