• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JBL Studio 580 Can't find ANY measurements or frequency response graph online for JBL 580

Nwickliff

I'm curious about the 580 and frequency response but can't find it anywhere. Larger woofer than the JBL 530, has two of them and has larger box so curious how that lower end registers. I know it would be room-dependent but still curious.

OP
N

Nwickliff

Saw this thread! Man, I'm thinking about picking up a pair for around $480 especially since they don't have the midrange dip my RP600m's have.

modes

THank you so much. Haha, I was hoping for a room curve like bass response vs the bookshelf slope we always get around 100-110hz but dayamn!!! That's a serious booty back there at 70hz
The polish measurements are garbage. Over there most of their results feature dat booty.

Here's a Russian effort. Probably slightly more realistic.

82b87a4ad18404ab94ada86f9dad8997.jpg

OP
N

Nwickliff

The polish measurements are garbage. Over there most of their results feature dat booty.

Here's a Russian effort. Probably slightly more realistic.

82b87a4ad18404ab94ada86f9dad8997.jpg

Thank you. Intresting that the top end doesn't look like Amir's measurements so I have to take the rest with a grain of salt. I waited too long to pull the trigger anyway. Pair of 580's for $480....Missed out. Oh well.

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
580's measured extremely well.
In room my pair were as good as the 530's measurement wise.
Sadly I deleted them and no longer have the speakers.
Based on what I measured I deff recommend them.
It was nothing like what folks have posted here. Very smooth and in room they sounded excellent.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor

Thank you. Intresting that the top end doesn't look like Amir's measurements so I have to take the rest with a grain of salt. I waited too long to pull the trigger anyway. Pair of 580's for $480....Missed out. Oh well.
They are easily worth the current $700 sale price at JBL direct.
Easily.
Plus if you have any credit cards with 5% electronic store points (I use USBank cash+)
And any cashback sites the deal from JBL is even sweeter.
And as I already said they tracked my 530's measurements very well. Just much higher output potential and much more bass. Like any speaker with full bass, they will overload a small room with bass so plan to use some room correction down low in a medium room. Large rooms will mate up perfectly.

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
@ROOSKIE, did you try the foam port tube inserts that came with your 580s to see what effect they have on taming excessive bass?
No I am sorry I did not.
I was using a PEQ based set-up.
I would much rather use PEQ vs plugging ports. I personally only want reduce the room modes that get over excited and not turn down the whole bass spectrum as my room is a medium size. YMMV.
I wish I would have used them however just to be able to share knowledge of the effects - & I wish I had not deleted the files. Sometimes I am overly clean. I might still have them in a back-up. I will double check in the next few days.

stoyania

Just ordered a pair. Don't have any space for them, but I'm super curious to blind them against the Infinity R263 and JBL 308p.
hello,
did you have a chance to compare the infinitys to the jbls? I know it is room and equipment specific but really interested to read your thoughts it it

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
hello,
did you have a chance to compare the infinitys to the jbls? I know it is room and equipment specific but really interested to read your thoughts it it

I actually slightly preferred the JBL. It wasn't blind, though, and I sold them to a friend who uses them now. Honestly, it was really close, but I did slightly prefer the JBL.

stoyania

I actually slightly preferred the JBL. It wasn't blind, though, and I sold them to a friend who uses them now. Honestly, it was really close, but I did slightly prefer the JBL.

thanks Richard! that is interesting, i would have expected that the JBLs are a bit better in movies and the infinitys in music.

i currently have a Monitor Audio RX6 based 5.1 music setup but am thinking to spread those to 2 bedrooms and have a new set up with JBLs or infinitys. so you what made you sell the JBLs and keep the infinitys?

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
thanks Richard! that is interesting, i would have expected that the JBLs are a bit better in movies and the infinitys in music.

i currently have a Monitor Audio RX6 based 5.1 music setup but am thinking to spread those to 2 bedrooms and have a new set up with JBLs or infinitys. so you what made you sell the JBLs and keep the infinitys?

I purchased the JBLs for a friend who wasn't quite moved to Texas yet and just held them until he could pick them up and pay me back. Didn't want him to miss the sale price. I will say that I vastly prefer the aesthetic of the Infinity, but that may be a personal preference thing. Difference in sound quality was very minor and only noticeable in a side by side comparison.

Top Bottom