• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JBL M2s - Tweaks

OP
I

Introextro

Thanks. I have to find a day to sit down and spend some time with them and begin the tweaking. In the meanwhile, everyday I am totally bowled over by the sound!! I had Revel Salon 2s before my QSCs and boy these put those to shame per my ears. The sound is so room filling and has so much more impact. And good for Electronic music too; actually any genre is fine, except for poor recordings. Jaw dropping sound!

direstraitsfan98

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Could you share your room size, and where the speakers are positioned in the room, and your placement to the speakers?

For reference. I have the home version of the M2, the Synthesis 4367, and I haven't had too hard of a time with reflections with a bit of toe in. Even less than 2 feet from the side walls. I assume the treble issue is a result of your placement being too close to the side walls.

I was (maybe still am) interested in getting a pair of M2 instead of the 4367, but it seems the used market for them is kind of non existent at least where I live. I suppose the only people buying them are mastering studios. Where did you get yours from, if you don't mind me asking? What did you get them with? You mentioned you haven't bought any other gear, but you did say you got the crown amps. Were they the i5000 ones?

I'm also curious how much you paid for the lot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom