• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JBL Intonato

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
jtwrace has already showed the solution. Some pro gear uses Dsubs to other connectors. Be careful if it is a digital vs analog signal however. They are made a bit differently with different expectations at the Dsub end.

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
upload_2018-1-22_16-13-53.png

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Planet Waves sells an inexpensive modular D-sub concept that works well. They sell patch cables with D-sub on either end, and short 8-channel breakout cables that are available in XLR, TRS phone, and unterminated. Perhaps RCA as well.

Also, Redco makes custom-length snake cables with whatever end you want and a variety of different brands of wire.

I think the Intonato is a disappointment in its current state, but it is this close to being a revolutionary product. It has lots of channels and I/O options. Its software even runs on Macs!

The fly in the proverbial ointment is the counterproductive autocorrect routine. It supports four subwoofers, but equalizes each subwoofer individually to flat. Everyone knows that is a bad idea. That is one hand of Harman not talking to the other. If it used Harman's Sound Field Management then it would be the perfect processor for people like us. Or me, at least.

More speaker configuration flexibility would be nice, too. Though in practice one of the six possible setups should work for most systems.

pierre

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
what does it “revolutionary” do w.r.t. genelec glm or another pre pro?

Last edited:

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
what does it “revolutionary” do w.r.t. genelec glm or another pre pro?

Genelec GLM appears to require Genelec monitors and subwoofers.

Intonato is not a pre-pro. It's a DSP speaker manager with 24 channels in, 24 channels out, analog or digital, that can additionally pass more digital audio channels through Harman's proprietary Blu-Link. It can apply preset EQ (sorry, "anechoic data") for Harman speakers but can apply crossover filters, EQ, delays, and so on to any speaker. I don't know of anything else that flexible. For $3000 or any other price.

The autocorrect routine also works with any speakers. It won't work properly on multiple subwoofers as the software is currently configured. That is unfortunate.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It's a standard 25-pin D-sub connector. You can make or buy breakout cables for it. There are sets for analog I/O and another set for digital I/O (AES).

http://www.jblpro.com/ProductAttachments/Intonato-24-Operation-Manual-5081991-A.pdf

Yes, let me repeat myself for those having no DB25 experience. Always make sure whether or not the Dsub is analog ins and outs or digital ins and outs. The breakout cables for each have different characteristics and do matter. So pay attention to what Don says.

73hadd

Forum Donor
Is there any way to upload FIR filters to this? There must be some processing if it can store the M2 profile.

Top Bottom