• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JBL 4367 review by Erin

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnarly

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Next project is a much larger MEH.
Sweet. How big, or rather how low are you going to try to keep pattern control?
What H & V ?
I've designed and built speakers with xover all over the place and really don't get some of the seemingly arbitrary numbers thrown around.
Agreed. Xovers can go anywhere, no problem. Just a matter of good acoustic design that allows good xover implementation..

puppet

Rubbish. There's no magic in a greater or lesser than 1k position. I could make the same argument that a horn that does the 400-4k decade would be even better, but the 4367 doesn't do that.

I've designed and built speakers with xover all over the place and really don't get some of the seemingly arbitrary numbers thrown around.
If we're talking about 2-way horn systems with 12" or 15" drivers ... vertical spacing between drivers does become an issue. Lower crossover points do become more attractive in these applications for home HiFi use.

gnarly

If we're talking about 2-way horn systems with 12" or 15" drivers ... vertical spacing between drivers does become an issue. Lower crossover points do become more attractive in these applications for home HiFi use.
I don't think the comments about 'crossovers can go anywhere' were referring to a specific crossover for a specific application.

I think they meant, that there is no more problem putting a crossover in any one particular frequency range, than in any other particular frequency range, with no specific speaker design in mind.

Iow, comments were not about a crossover for any specific design, but about crossover ranges to avoid in general, no matter what the speaker design.

I do not think such frequency ranges to avoid exist.
For example, folks often say to avoid xovers in the 2-4khz range where the ear is most sensitive.
Ime, crossovers work just fine in that region, if properly implemented.

So, in this described contest....yes, crossovers can go anywhere, no problem :)

Postlan

It should just work fine until you start hearing the side effect of it, and more importantly, it is always measurable.

crazycloud

Sweet. How big, or rather how low are you going to try to keep pattern control?
What H & V ?
Similar in dimensions to yours (I've read your diyaudio threads) and Chris A's K402 MEH and I'm aiming for a 90x60ish and 150Hz would be fine.
Where I'm just about to move to has a large custom surfboard industry and lots of boatbuilding, so the plan is to make it out of mdf with the throat section on CNC or printed and the main body in ply, transitioning to a glass moulded final. Below this, physically, I'm going to do a pair of sealed AE TD15S. And I have subs.

gnarly

It should just work fine until you start hearing the side effect of it, and more importantly, it is always measurable.
What kind of audible side effect?
And how is it measurable?

gnarly

All kind of side effects that can be measured with a measurement mic.
All kind ? Can we maybe be a little more specific? ;)

How about providing ONE audible effect, and the type measurement will show it?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Folks, I have no idea how anything of this has to do with the original review. I am going to close the thread. Post new ones on topic you want to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom