• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JBL 4329p 8”active Studio Monitor series

TSB

Did you also do it without the -3dB bass attenuation
I only did a single measurement with 0 dB setting. See attached the 0 dB overlayed with a single measurement in a position close to it. Note that it should say psychoacoustic, I did not invent a new smoothing method :)
4359p single 0dB vs -3dB.jpg

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Spin by Dr. Sean Olive looks textbook perfect (link).
@pierre

Fv3WMDnaQAE4CGM.png

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Look how deep it extends into the 30s, miracles of DSP.

Reactions: TSB

TSB

No point in pairing this with a sub unless it's really a serious sub.

nick-v

They look pretty damn impressive!

I do question who is the target market? Very expensive (albeit seemingly a good value proposition considering performance & versatility) for your average Joe just looking for "good sound" and convenience, and most audiophiles still prefer to match up DACs, amplifiers, cables, etc...

Last edited:

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Spin by Dr. Sean Olive looks textbook perfect (link).
@pierre

View attachment 284936

Clearly a nicely measuring speaker; I suspect they'll sound as good as that looks. Hopefully they can keep the build quality up.

I also find it interesting they've optimized the horn on the home versions for smoothly rising treble DI, as opposed to the basically flat DI of 708i/P. Also tweeter level here is where 708i/P should be IMO - fortunately an easy fix on those with the adjustments available in DCIn/BSS/Intonato for 708i or 708P plate amp.

Reactions: TSB

TSB

I'm not seeing any indication of them being Roon Ready on JBL's website, although media articles are mentioning it. Is this the type of thing where it's just hung up in certification?
I don't see any mention on the 4305p product page either. "Wireless Streaming Audio via Chromecast, AirPlay 2, and Bluetooth" is all that shows up for both.

4305p is shown as certified now: https://roon.app/en/partners/160/jbl

jasoncd

I have the 4309 and really like them. These look great, nice upgrades in the drivers. And I've been thinking about how I could get more of what I like about the 4309. Expensive thoughts!

I'm running a 2.2 setup with Audiolense though. Don't need some of the features like streaming, and setup might be weird. These should be great for some people but don't think they make sense for me.

Maybe they will make something between the 4309 and the 4349! Or I'll get the upgraditis out of my system, ha ha.

samysound

Has anyone come across distortion measurements for the 4329p. Also interested in how loud they will play with that extended bass before limiting kicks in for the woofers

samysound

Clearly a nicely measuring speaker; I suspect they'll sound as good as that looks. Hopefully they can keep the build quality up.

I also find it interesting they've optimized the horn on the home versions for smoothly rising treble DI, as opposed to the basically flat DI of 708i/P. Also tweeter level here is where 708i/P should be IMO - fortunately an easy fix on those with the adjustments available in DCIn/BSS/Intonato for 708i or 708P plate amp.
Hi, do you have concerns about their build quality?

Logix

Had a chance of hearing them
Very impressive

View attachment 288345
Did you hear the 4312G also? you started this thread but wrote basically no impressions about the 4329p after your listening session.
I had the 4305p which were nice but too small, and I'm getting the 4312G soon. are the 4329p sound similar to the 4305p but with more bass?

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi, do you have concerns about their build quality?
Well, the 705P tested here had what looked to me like missing filters, and the measurements of the 708i measured here had a tweeter response different from early samples and thus misaligned with the tweeter filtering. So there’s some baggage.

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Erin:

Richard G

Pardon me if I’ve missed it, it’s not on the website I looked at. And I’m sure it’s plenty unless your living room is nearly the size of a basketball court, but
does anyone know the maximum SPL of the 4305p or 4329p?

Last edited:
Top Bottom