• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JBL 4329p 8”active Studio Monitor series

nick-v

I'm not seeing any indication of them being Roon Ready on JBL's website, although media articles are mentioning it. Is this the type of thing where it's just hung up in certification?
I don't see any mention on the 4305p product page either. "Wireless Streaming Audio via Chromecast, AirPlay 2, and Bluetooth" is all that shows up for both.

TSB

I'm not seeing any indication of them being Roon Ready on JBL's website, although media articles are mentioning it. Is this the type of thing where it's just hung up in certification?
I don't see any mention on the 4305p product page either. "Wireless Streaming Audio via Chromecast, AirPlay 2, and Bluetooth" is all that shows up for both.

It's roon ready: "For those with extensive music libraries, the 4329P will be certified as a Roon-ready product."
source: https://news.harman.com/releases/releases-20230103-6886205

nick-v

samysound

It's roon ready: "For those with extensive music libraries, the 4329P will be certified as a Roon-ready product."
source: https://news.harman.com/releases/releases-20230103-688620
Must still be hung up in certification (I own a miniDSP SHD and KEF LSX II so I know what that's all about). Neither one is showing up on Roon's page either.

Roon Partners - JBL
from the press release it sounds like certification is planned or in the works but not official yet. I would wait and confirm before purchase if this a requirement

TSB

from the press release it sounds like certification is planned or in the works but not official yet. I would wait and confirm before purchase if this a requirement
It's normal, they haven't been released yet. Certification is done near the end of development.

samysound

It's normal, they haven't been released yet. Certification is done near the end of development.
I dont disagree but from prior experience (e.g. , minidsp, NAD) timeline for the roon certification is non trivial

nick-v

I dont disagree but from prior experience (e.g. , minidsp, NAD) timeline for the roon certification is non trivial
100%. And the 4305p has been released for a while and still doesn't appear to have certification either.

TSB

I'm not sure what the business there is, but both speakers have Roon Ready support. Maybe JBL got a waiver from Roon to launch before certification.

samysound

really wish the 4329p had some kind of room correction software (e.g. Dirac, etc.) built in... would be a more complete standalone solution

HeadDoc12

Forum Donor
really wish the 4329p had some kind of room correction software (e.g. Dirac, etc.) built in... would be a more complete standalone solution
Yeah. Dynaudio really showed up JBL and KEF with that Focus line. I think we are approaching critical mass with the whole Active Streaming All-in-One systems, so it will just be a matter of time before more big players jump in. The pressure is already there to offer more/better dsp, as well as power, good measurements, and so forth.

nick-v

Roon helps a lot with this, although not for every source that you might hook up (that's where Dirac would be ideal).

At least for critical listening with Roon, it's possible to get an excellent set of measurements and corrections via REW and import them into Roon as convolution filters. It works very well for my other Roon Ready sources that don't have Dirac built-in.

samysound

Roon helps a lot with this, although not for every source that you might hook up (that's where Dirac would be ideal).

At least for critical listening with Roon, it's possible to get an excellent set of measurements and corrections via REW and import them into Roon as convolution filters. It works very well for my other Roon Ready sources that don't have Dirac built-in.
agreed! but like you point out only works when streaming roon (which is my main source) and not for other inputs. Also still requires use of REW and more savy. Something like Dirac is easier to implement and tune the curve

Zzzzz...

I wasn't sure if I should post this or not as it's too superficial as a review by ASR standards. On the plus side it does give you an idea of the physical size of the speaker, a look at its rear panel, as well as some of the internals.

TSB

IMG_20230326_172616_339.jpg

Sneak preview in a room (uncalibrated mic, psychoacoustic smoothing)

Top Bottom