• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JBL 308P MKII 8-inch 2-way monitors - first impressions

maxxevv

Major Contributor
I meant the gain switches, not the volume control. Those gain switches make a huge difference to how the speakers sound in my room. I own the 306P, which has identical controls at the back as far as I know.

In the pict attached, its the positions of the "Input Sensitivity", "Boundary Eq"and "HF Trim".

Are they identical ??

3series-mkii-back_z_original.jpg

half_dog

You are correct, they have the same controls. I kept both speakers in the same configuration. Boundary eq at 0dB, HF trim at -2dB, volume at 8 (minus 4 clicks from max) and input sensitivity at +4dBu - TASCAM US 366 has TRS balanced outputs. Those frequency response curves have not be leveled up - only 1/48 filtered. If any of the speakers had a different input sensitivity, would have a much bigger gap between the curves.

Note: the difference above 10kHz showed up after they replaced the tweeter. I didn't take picture, but the newer drivers was not well aligned.

Last edited:

half_dog

My speakers are back after 3 service orders - I'm not sure if it is the right translation. They "solved" the distortion problem, although there is still a difference at the frequency response between the speakers. I can live with that. The new problem is the speaker came back with some scratches at its base, lateral and a scratch seemley caused by a screawdriver at its backplate. I tried to complain about it, but I was completely ignored.

Sorry "Harman do Brazil" you have lost a client.

Attachments

• FR_200718.png
    FR_200718.png
    180 KB · Views: 174
Top Bottom