• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Jazz ♫ Music only | In the now, or recently, or that you love...

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
AVvXsEg5naSSmjY7OQ9yuf_oe9-Aim5p5-ojGZWD1G_UAshsBQn-ZzSNdYbb2HtzUnW4CXMirZhO0Rls4YFgT_AcH4AO5Rx7L42T-9nY_-yDMW1FHjyrl7S9KK9RViaoZcWmq0HbJGu6E-zTGjVKOv2baa2CQ691P6xma7IcHSL7lWbqnxEFKeTXk69Vxy1rpQ=s2048

JaccoW

One nice thing about CDs is that they are relatively cheap nowadays and offer plenty of quality.

I noticed I was enjoying a jazz compilation cd that I've had for ages and it turns out... there are another 3 volumes. So I bought them all for cheap. I kind of like those early 2000's lounge aesthetics as well. Apparently they were quite popular in Poland at the time.
Rip them to FLAC and just enjoy them on the laptop > DAC > speaker setup in the living room. :)

The Best Smooth Jazz ...Ever! - Discogs

The Best Smooth Jazz... Ever Vol. 2 - Discogs

The Best Smooth Jazz... Ever! Vol. 3

The Best Smooth Jazz... Ever! vol. 4 - Wikipedia

Rufus T. Firefly

Forum Donor
Modern Jazz Quartet's Concord
Dexter Gordon Our Man Paris and GO
Getz Gilberto (Is Bossanova Jazz?, discuss)
Kansas City 3 - For the Second Time (Count, Ray and Louie doing a trio like they do in heaven)
Cannonball Adderley - Somethin Else
Ahmad Jamal- Happy Moods or Poinciana (or take your pick it's all good)

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just finished listening to Pat Metheny's What's It All About. Brilliant essentially solo guitar.

51c-cQ35afL._SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Jim Hall : Concierto de Aranjuez

Jim Hall : guitar
Roland Hanna : piano
Ron Carter : double-bass
Steve Gadd : drum
Chet Baker : rumpet
Paul Desmond : saxophones
Thanks for the excellent post. I added this to my favs and now YouTube keeps linking me to all sorts of new and very very good jazz music. Stuff I've never heard before. Very nice.

D

Deleted member 23424

One of Kahil El'zabar's old collectives. I often get lost for days trawling though his back catalogue.

The 40th anniversary recording of Be Bop always a favourite

Not so keen on his more recent solo stuff though.

Top Bottom