• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Jay's Audio Lab and electral outlets

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I cannot get my head around spending that kind of money on gear in this day and age… but I guess, it’s all relative… there are those who can afford it. Jay seems to be one of these people.
I'm not sure Jay can "afford" it in the sense that I usually use the term.

If you've seen Pain & Gain, you may have some understanding of the circles Jay inhabits.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Is Amir going to measure them ?;)
Screenshot_20240215_074732.jpg

Andysu

Major Contributor
more of his same send spider to fly clickbait , jay entraps his subscribers thinking there going to see the shared experience of $$$$$ new speakers and then feeds off of them , charming ,

radix

Major Contributor
Whenever I see this guy's channel, I get a revulsion and think "what would mother Theresa have done with the cost of the cable?" or "what separates would St. Francis of Assisi have chosen?" I mean, I'm hardly the spendthrift, but there must be something better to do with your money than build an absurdly expensive stereo.

I realize for the super super rich, a $25k cable is nothing. I mean, a super yacht is about $2M/yr to maintain. I mean, that's like 100 cables, easy. That cable is just 1 hour of a 767-200. Or about 5 hours of a Lear 45.

I get it that he is just an entertainer showing his audience what they want to see and capitalizing on it.

Andysu

Major Contributor
if jay does anymore of this stand up clickbait comedy i'm going to have heart attack :eek:
that room is by no means super quiet , is that noise i hear in the background ? he has not given any facts on noise criteria , buys all this high end and has no test gear to measure it and he calls it a lab , am i missing anything ? does it have NC rating 10dB ?
Is Amir going to measure them ?;)
View attachment 349685
its most made out cheap as common as mud MDF with some cheap bose speakers held together with cheap duct tape and some cheap car parts spray paint finish and someone dreams up $250k per speaker , daylight robbery

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
"what would mother Theresa have done with the cost of the cable?"

Probably nothing good. As far as I've been told, she had some pretty messed up ideas about suffering, and she would likely not have spent a dime on making it less of a thing. Rather the complete opposite. Terrible woman in quite a few ways.

But yes, $25k could do a massive amount of good if spent wisely.

Andysu

Major Contributor
They look pretty sure cool but don't know know about the price ...View attachment 350335
utterly daylight sheer robbery made out of cheap going MDF sheets only cost around £16 for 4x8 so few of those got cheap speaker box add few cheap primer paint and few more cheap cans of car spray paint fit some cheap £200 to £150 speaker parts inside don't bother with those cheap passive cheap crossovers , use behringer used DCX and nx3000d amp and got cheap speaker dsp amp for around £600

Andysu

Major Contributor
spl doesn't show how high spl is , it shows overall but what it doesn't show is the actual frequencies spl dB of those frequency/s that are randomly moving up and down , what he needs is , RTA trueRTA will show numbers on spl dB of each frequency band plus the overall frequencies all added up

also did i miss anything ? how comes he clickbait the spl dB meter thumbnail yet i didn't see spl dB meter or any testing gear in this so called lab ?

depending on which test gear i would use , REW or trueRTA , ( true RTA ) i find it easier to read the frequency spl dB of each frequency band and see the overall numbers all been added up for total spl dB if i subtracted some of those bands on the EQ , the overall spl dB will lower
i doubt this system is high end game calibrated , out of the box and i doubt those speakers are perfectly each driver REW graph frequency transparent with the overlays

Last edited:

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Lol that was quick
He did an introduction video on the Rockport Lyra and 5 days later he posted a video about saying goodbye to them
Screenshot_20240309_164706.jpg
Screenshot_20240309_164521.jpg

DWMB

And after all his bragging that “only a few own this [$205k] masterpiece”…

I realize that he is a YouTube influencer who constantly wants to entertain his followers and in the process get more money from his subscribers, but he is a clickbait comedian.

Top Bottom