• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I've done my (GR) research and here's what I'm gettin'!

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Any smart thief would have read my review of GR Research LGK and would not take that. On schiit gear, the thief wouldn't even need research. He would look at the name and walk away. So well done on all fronts! It is rare that we see a member as smart as you when it comes to equipment choices.

Say, how did you pick other item in the appartment? I venture a guess that for furniture you have unassembled IKEA kits? if so, bravo on that too.

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
2.0 desk setup:

DAC: Shit Audio Yggdrasil OG (original gangster variant)

Heard great things about this baby, great PRAT, micro dynamics and what they call "moffat bass".

I also live in a sketchy apartment building so if anyone breaks in, I doubt they will want to carry out a 30 pound DAC in 2022!

Amp: Chord Electronics Anni

Again, do to my living situation, I'm worried about getting my stuff stolen. My thinking is having an amp that looks like a child's Fischer Price toy will deter or be ignored by a thief.

This baby also puts out a bigly 10 watts into 8 Ohms!

Speakers: GR Research LGK 2.0

Love these little jokers! I'm really sensitive to low frequency's and bass so I wanted a pair that produce none.

Also picking up one of their B24 power cables to plug into my Yggy. Hoping it will improve its linearity.

Thoughts on my system?
Don't forget a diamond coated ceramic riser for the power wire, maple pith for the little Jokers and to turn everything else off in apartment during your session. You don't want any chance off any live cord in place transmitting RF to your tube connectors.
Oh and if possible try a blind AB between "muted" and "on" and let us know which one you subjectively prefer most often.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It won't change a thing other than the weight of your wallet and maybe make you think you are making change but in effect there is no change.

They are a tiny woofer one way speaker and as such one cannot expect much from them. They where tested here at ASR recently.
This is sheldon cooper level of not being able to figure out sarcasm / satire.

Sgt. Ear Ache

Major Contributor
Any smart thief would have read my review of GR Research LGK and would not take that. On schiit gear, the thief wouldn't even need research. He would look at the name and walk away. So well done on all fronts! It is rare that we see a member as smart as you when it comes to equipment choices.

Say, how did you pick other item in the appartment? I venture a guess that for furniture you have unassembled IKEA kits? if so, bravo on that too.

Hey! My entire apartment is Ikea-furnished and I love all of it! lol

Plcamp

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The system specified forgot the giant poster of Danny’s face.

Placed between the LGK’s, it serves to remind you that the sound is faster because of floor spacers and tube connectors. You might forget otherwise.

Katji

Major Contributor
Is this post meant satirically by any chance?

Sorry, honest question.:
The part on GR, the cables and other portions seem so far off for someone choosing this forum for advice.
Yes indeed - I clicked on the post in RSS, loved it, eager to see the rest, then i got a bit confused.

... + I don't like how that guy's face comes to mind when the name is mentioned. Let it fade soon.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
The system specified forgot the giant poster of Danny’s face.

Placed between the LGK’s, it serves to remind you that the sound is faster because of floor spacers and tube connectors. You might forget otherwise.
1656959518466.png

DanielT

Major Contributor
You should also consider their speaker cables. They make "a massive difference, there's no comparison".

From 14:00 on:

Childish, I know.I could not help myself. Lift them far from the floor to the ceiling! Best halfway.:p

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-07-04_210751.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-04_210751.jpg
    804.9 KB · Views: 54

Katji

Major Contributor
A burglar tries to steal a safe where Pink Panther is hiding.

Big volume/selector knob...

DanielT

Major Contributor
I can’t spell.:facepalm: I let the web interface handle that!
Well. This is an international forum. How do you think we who do that do not have English as a mother tongue do?:)

Top Bottom