• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I've done my (GR) research and here's what I'm gettin'!

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hey! My entire apartment is Ikea-furnished and I love all of it! lol
I said unassembled IKEA. Any thief that steals something that he then needs to assemble for days, has the punishment of that built in!

DavidMcRoy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
ABE9A39E-1E78-4129-883D-D514A2AFE3D9.jpeg

I said unassembled IKEA. Any thief that steals something that he then needs to assemble for days, has the punishment of that built in!

FeddyLost

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thoughts on my system?
Too old-school for good bang-for-buck ratio.
IMO good solution for desktop now is pair of 8331 with GLM and AES streamer.
But ultimate goal is a satisfaction of a listener, so if you are happy with your setup, I see no downsides.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
If it goes on with that ikea, i feel pity for the poor thiefes.

Eddy in his bar: yesterday, was a great day. Hifi equipment for 5k, and ikea equipment that was so new it wasnt even assembeled. So beer for all!

Two days later, same bar.

Pete to Steve: Did you heared about Eddy? He shot himself yesterday after reading a strange webpage called ASR and some ikea construction plans?

Last edited:

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
2.0 desk setup:

DAC: Shit Audio Yggdrasil OG (original gangster variant)

Heard great things about this baby, great PRAT, micro dynamics and what they call "moffat bass".

I also live in a sketchy apartment building so if anyone breaks in, I doubt they will want to carry out a 30 pound DAC in 2022!

Amp: Chord Electronics Anni

Again, do to my living situation, I'm worried about getting my stuff stolen. My thinking is having an amp that looks like a child's Fischer Price toy will deter or be ignored by a thief.

This baby also puts out a bigly 10 watts into 8 Ohms!

Speakers: GR Research LGK 2.0

Love these little jokers! I'm really sensitive to low frequency's and bass so I wanted a pair that produce none.

Also picking up one of their B24 power cables to plug into my Yggy. Hoping it will improve its linearity.

Thoughts on my system?
Duh. I'm clearly having some senior moments. I thought you seriously were buying this stuff. :facepalm:

Top Bottom