• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

It that Pagan celebration time soon, so what are you up too.

Colin James Wonfor

Technical Expert
The Wonf
Well Christmas is here again far to soon after the last one, and I am sure they are getting closer together as I age.
Do you expect a Xmas like last year to be alone at home playing music so loud you can't hear the TV, I do.

So tell us your plans please.

Oh Merry Pagan Holiday to you all.

Robin L

Master Contributor
I was thinking of dressing up in woad, sticking a dead wren in a be-ribboned basket and go wassailing with a bucket of bricks in hand, just in case.

OP
Colin James Wonfor

Colin James Wonfor

Technical Expert
The Wonf
Blue Woad maybe with some sparkling bits and bob, I use dead FET,s to cover Xmas Tree. Maybe a few D-A converter chips as well.
And make big one of these mmmm nice

BlackTalon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
No family visiting this year (thank Dog), just me, my wife and our son. And the wife leaves the day after Xmas to visit her mom so I'll be working from home for a week, and rocking out with my son. I am looking forward to that more than to Xmas.

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
We were planning to be be South Africa to see my wife’s parents but it’s sunny Hertfordshire now, just close enough to the Bedfordshire border to get a good view of the wicker men burning:p

bravomail

Well Christmas is here again far to soon after the last one, and I am sure they are getting closer together as I age.
Do you expect a Xmas like last year to be alone at home playing music so loud you can't hear the TV, I do.

So tell us your plans please.

Oh Merry Pagan Holiday to you all.
try going to a bar. r they all locked down?

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Well the snow is already hire. Not that I have special plans this year so it will be as usually; Christmas eve at church with Oak sparkling and burning, first day off Christmas with family and second one with friends. The part with burning Oak is the only one that is considered by "Christians" as pagan as its passed from Perun days and used as a glorification to him. I still celebrate by old Julian calendar.
IMG_20190106_183853-01.jpeg

petterssonfan

I'm new here, Gald to share ideas about Full range speakers,, hahaha PAGan Holidays,.
Bulls Eye. Xmas is all paganism, yet the Evangelicals dont seem to mind its pure pagan antichrist,, They call me The Scrouge. I mean, who does not want to have celebration, fun, cheers and the Joys (= Lets all get plastered drunk for 1 week staright,,)) of XMas.
??
Ck out where Santa Claus came from, the pagan germans.
Klaus Norr.
You can read all about St Nick in this book.
No one loves Xmas more than the germans.
I'll be enjoying my new Dual FR speaker. and havinga merry good old time W?O **family and friendsover getting all drunk and pretending its all happy and gay**

Ck out my topic on my speaker leave a comment

BoredErica

I am trying to figure out my future audio setup. Currently thinking about the most aesthetically pleasing way to elevate hypothetical LS50 Metas to ear height. Also wondering if an omnidirectional measurement mic like M23 would be fine as a mic for general use with Nvidia Broadcast to cut out the background noise. But Broadcast is causing audio glitches for me and I can't figure it out. Also thinking about which measurement mic to get.

Later today I have to figure out how to kill all plant life in my front yard. Glyphosate spray might work. I wonder if just digging up all the weeds and grass would work. Maybe they'd just grow back a few days later.

Now I got sidetracked and I'm considering between options to group explorer tabs together.

There is a lot on my mind these days.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I wonder if just digging up all the weeds and grass would work. Maybe they'd just grow back a few days later.
Nature will find a way and populate that ground with weeds and trees and whatever else is growing in your area. I used to pour gasoline on weeds, kills'em dead. >@^_*@< That was in the old days before environmental concerns where common. :facepalm:

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Getting my first fake tree and pouring footers for a 2400sq ft addition this month. We will be with my wife's wonderful family again and again.

More work than first planned and some somber times here. We had been expecting another girl, but we lost her before Thanksgiving at 37 weeks and burried her Saturday. I planned to take 6 weeks to bond but now I think I'll just go back to work next week. I suppose this is a good time for all of this as my other kids are full of joy for family, presents, and traditions. It is a great blessing to see them light up.

JayGilb

Major Contributor
Getting my first fake tree and pouring footers for a 2400sq ft addition this month. We will be with my wife's wonderful family again and again.

More work than first planned and some somber times here. We had been expecting another girl, but we lost her before Thanksgiving at 37 weeks and burried her Saturday. I planned to take 6 weeks to bond but now I think I'll just go back to work next week. I suppose this is a good time for all of this as my other kids are full of joy for family, presents, and traditions. It is a great blessing to see them light up.
My deepest condolences on your loss of your daughter.

BoredErica

@BoredErica
Yeah I'm aware of those kinds of recipes. I just dunno how they work. I have no experience in this kind of stuff so I'm sort of stumbling blind. Yesterday I raked a lot of the leaves so I'm actually dealing with weeds/grass/dirt now.
Nature will find a way and populate that ground with weeds and trees and whatever else is growing in your area. I used to pour gasoline on weeds, kills'em dead. >@^_*@< That was in the old days before environmental concerns where common. :facepalm:
:O

JayGilb

Major Contributor
Later today I have to figure out how to kill all plant life in my front yard. Glyphosate spray might work. I wonder if just digging up all the weeds and grass would work. Maybe they'd just grow back a few days later.
Glyphosphate will do that job effectively.
Depending on your location and the glyphosphate concentration you use, it can vary between a few weeks and a year before you can replant.

Trouble Maker

Hopefully as little as possible... while I look at our calendar with 1-2 things/week with families, friends or work through the new year and a pile of stuff accumulating for projects over the winter holiday break.

We got 2 ceiling fans for the front porch and these tin ceiling tiles are on their way.

24-cww.jpg

The most recent big project was upstairs flooring; removing the carpet going up the stairs and on the 2nd floor. Wood is down upstairs but we need to redo the steps in something nicer, it's just the construction/carpet grade functional steps that was below the carpet for now. Parts incoming for that project. So at least part of that will get knocked out over the break too.

Last edited:

JayGilb

Major Contributor
Blue Woad maybe with some sparkling bits and bob, I use dead FET,s to cover Xmas Tree. Maybe a few D-A converter chips as well.
And make big one of these mmmm nice
Sounds like fun. I built a Jacob's ladder for my son when he was 14 years old using a 15kv neon sign transformer.
I mortared a series of glass blocks together on top of the transformer and cut ever widening slots in the top and bottom of each
where I placed the two metal rods. It was fully insulated from him or his friends trying to do something stupid.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Getting my first fake tree and pouring footers for a 2400sq ft addition this month.
I helped my father build 2- ~2500 sq ft additions on 2 houses and those where big projects. We spread it out over ~4-5 years each.

Sorry to read about your loss. Sometimes it's better to keep occupied and involved in stuff. Wishing you keep well and hope you keep your spirits up.

Top Bottom