• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is topping NX4 the best desktop option sub $200?

Evgeniy

LG phones, but can be overcome by connecting your headphone cable first into the phone to trigger the higher impedance mode, then into the headphones.

OMG.
What else needs to be done so that this "good for music" phone switches to the desired mode?
May be, user need kiss phone for right impedance too ?

I think , that headamp in G7 and other same phones isn't a good solution for comfort music listen.

tential

OMG.
What else needs to be done so that this "good for music" phone switches to the desired mode?
May be, user need kiss phone for right impedance too ?

I think , that headamp in G7 and other same phones isn't a good solution for comfort music listen.
It's the main reason I backed off. I didn't want to deal with a bunch of odd quirks.

micard

I have a NX4 DSD to drive my AKG K702 on the iphone (been streaming over spotify and now tidal hifi) and I am super happy with the combination. I would now like to move on and use it also on my desktop PC for gaming (to replace an old cheap headset).

While this obviously works fine and boosts my audio experience from pitiful to awesome, I am a little worried about using the NX4DSD as permanent desktop solution. Leaving the charge USB plugged in will keep the battery at 100% all the time. I'm afraid this will add battery charging cycles very quickly and degrade the battery. When I (or the wife) will ever forget to switch the NX4 DSD off (happens) it will deplete the battery to min, further diminishing the life time.

Does anybody know if the battery can be replaced? Does anyone have a better idea how to do it? It would be awesome if the battery could be removed to it only runs on USB power when the PC is on. I guess thats not possible easily?

I wouldn't like to buy a dedicated new desktop DAC+amplifier, because i'm so super happy with the NX4

lasta

I have a NX4 DSD to drive my AKG K702 on the iphone (been streaming over spotify and now tidal hifi) and I am super happy with the combination. I would now like to move on and use it also on my desktop PC for gaming (to replace an old cheap headset).

While this obviously works fine and boosts my audio experience from pitiful to awesome, I am a little worried about using the NX4DSD as permanent desktop solution. Leaving the charge USB plugged in will keep the battery at 100% all the time. I'm afraid this will add battery charging cycles very quickly and degrade the battery. When I (or the wife) will ever forget to switch the NX4 DSD off (happens) it will deplete the battery to min, further diminishing the life time.

Does anybody know if the battery can be replaced? Does anyone have a better idea how to do it? It would be awesome if the battery could be removed to it only runs on USB power when the PC is on. I guess thats not possible easily?

I wouldn't like to buy a dedicated new desktop DAC+amplifier, because i'm so super happy with the NX4

Hi, I've used my for 6 months now, not much degradation. If you are worried, battery parts: PL 555560 2400mAh, 3.7V 8.88Wh.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/topping-nx4.854311/page-19

Cahudson42

Major Contributor

dtaylo1066

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Does volume on NX4 function with line out (to desktop amp) or is it fixed?

Top Bottom