• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is topping NX4 the best desktop option sub $200?

Kosta

Looking for a desktop solution . Have ruled out modi 3 plus jds atom as after shipping they are pushing 250+.

After the NX4 anything else worth considering?

digititus

NX4 isn't really a desktop solution. More for portable use.

OP
K

Kosta

NX4 isn't really a desktop solution. More for portable use.
yep I realize that, but looking over objective + subjective reviews looks like its the best performing option across both classes in this price range . Note i'll be driving Senn HD58x .

mi-fu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
For desktop use, probably the best option at that price range would be Topping D50s.

Veri

Master Contributor
yep I realize that, but looking over objective + subjective reviews looks like its the best performing option across both classes in this price range . Note i'll be driving Senn HD58x .
As a DAC+Amp it is pretty good, yes. But since it is battery powered it is maybe not the ideal desktop device.

digititus

Have you looked at any of the SMSL offerings? The SMSL SAP-10 would fit your budget. Hasn't been tested here, but looks decent on paper.
Edit: Just an amp

OP
K

Kosta

Another option would be the dx3 pro but unsure about the v2 version as they changed the headphone amp which changed the specs and this version hasn't been tested here

August

I think 9038s or the upcoming 9038d is worth considering.

bunkbail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'd give E1DA PowerDACv2 or #9038S a shout.

Enkay25

My two cents:

NX4 DSD is more than good. Why? It can be for both world - as a portable and a desktop dac. It is only limited by the input choice (s).

I own one. And quite happy with the performance. I connect it with the additional usb for power/charge....at desktop mode :)

Baphomet

Mmmmm not really, the 58x is slightly easier to drive than HD600/HD650 (which aren't that hard to drive!). NX4 will do fine.
That was my point exactly. I was just saying that down the line he might get different headphone which requires more power. So for roughly the same money D10+Atom is more future-proof.

cidel fastro

I'm facing the same dilemma got hd 58x looking for dac amp combo around 200$. indecision between the dx3pro v2 vs fiio k5 pro both not measured yet..

Top Bottom