• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is Topping D90 USB interface class 2?

mcdonalk

Can the D90 connect via USB with a music streamer that implements and requires a class 2 USB interface?

jcadduono

Yes because it uses an XMOS XU208 which is UAC2 compatible. I can also confirm my D90 is using the UAC2 driver when plugged into my android phone, and that it works incredibly well too!

Angstrom

Yes the XMOS XU208 is USB 2.0 Phy and Chipset.( Datasheet on hyperlink) There have been vendors who put USB-C on XMOS design like xDuoo with XDO5 plus, but it is still USB 2.0, now that one needs Special OTG USB-C to USB-C cable to work, you can not use standard USB-C cable with it. It was engineer design issue.

AndyLu

Forum Donor
Can the D90 connect via USB with a music streamer that implements and requires a class 2 USB interface?

Yes. I have it connected that way and it works perfectly.

1582398573681.png

Last edited:

smkralik

I tried an Auralic Aries (first gen, not G1), and it worked great... well, it worked like an Auralic streamer, so... it was a piece of junk... but it worked.

NDC

Just plugged my D90 into my laptop USB and it identifies as an E30 in sound properties. Thought that was funny! Is that meant to happen.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Just plugged my D90 into my laptop USB and it identifies as an E30 in sound properties. Thought that was funny! Is that meant to happen.
Delete the device while connected in device manager. It will be identified again normally.

Reactions: NDC

NDC

Delete the device while connected in device manager. It will be identified again normally.

Thanks John! I plugged it into my work computer so can’t access device manager. It probably happened because I normally have the e30 plugged in. But on my Mac the d90 identifies correctly. Cheers

fbfranco

Hi, some Topping products that use the Xmos XU208 seem to operate in UAC1 if forced through a Fallback cable (DX3Pro confirmed).
Can someone confirm if other Topping products have the same functionality? I'm trying to use this to connect to a PS5, so it has to work in UAC1.
Thanks!

Top Bottom