• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is this the right way to use Dirac Live to correct 0-300 Hz?

flaviowolff

Hello,
If I set a curtain to, say, 300hz in Dirac Live, will it adjust the overall level of the rest of the spectrum (301-20khz) to be in average level with the EQ'd section (0-300hz)?
According to Dirac's visualization when setting the curve, the EQ'd section (0-300hz) appears to be much lower in level than the rest of the spectrum when a curtain is used, probably because my average SPL was above 80dB when measured and the target curve alligns it all to around 75db.
I'm not sure if I should ignore the rest of the spectrum, or if I should lift the EQ'd curve up to make it all sort of levelled.
Thanks!

tw99

You need to lift the EQd section, Dirac will only work within the curtained area. Post your graph here ?

OP
F

flaviowolff

You need to lift the EQd section, Dirac will only work within the curtained area. Post your graph here ?

Of course:

vCzllki.png

If I lift all the control points of the EQ'd section about 4db up, it looks kinda balanced, thus avoiding the otherwise sudden hump at around 300hz. It would be great if Dirac calculated this for us, tho. Every info around the internet is to just drag the curtain to the desired frequency limit. I belive this is very misleading for most newbies.

Soundmixer

Of course:

If I lift all the control points of the EQ'd section about 4db up, it looks a bit more balanced. It would be great if Dirac calculated this for us, tho. Every info around the internet is to just drag the curtain to the desired frequency limit. I belive this is very misleading for most newbies.
tw99 is correct. You need to lift the entire EQ'd section so it is at equal output to above the curtain.

holbob

When I bumped up the target curve in Dirac, and it subsequently boosted upper bass SBIR, I got serious obvious booming in the bass. I now add points to make sure Dirac doesn't boost anywhere.

Top Bottom