• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is this the floor standing speaker or karaoke speaker?

OP
R

Randy Fucce

those kind of "speakers" sell a lot here

my neighbour has this one afaik

1900-destaque.png

about $300 for this with 2 x 12"
it DOES get loud and has loud bass.
played with the tone controls once but couldn't get it to sound any decent lol.
I actually plan to use it as a subwoofer (low-passed) for an upcoming event we will have in the neighbourhoud lol
This type of speaker is a collective combination of other speakers.
Party speakers, portable speakers, floorstanding speakers, trolley speakers and whatever
It's really hard to say which category it falls into.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
OP
R

Randy Fucce

Yeah, I think it's a wizzer cone, making this 4" tweeter really a 4" midrange with wizzer cone, and not a tweeter at all.
I check the parameters they list just now.

There are just the woofers and tweeter, no midrange drive unit.

I am looking forward to the sound of the system whatever.
1685322904101.png

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I used to work in this world, it will be termed "party speaker" or "karaoke speaker" or occasionally "DJ speaker" depending on the factory and whether it comes with a microphone / mic input. If you'd like to buy a truckload of these very cheap, I suggest visiting the Hong Kong Electronics Show next time they put it on. There are dozens of factories churning these out in sizes ranging from about 10" - 50" high for wholesale prices ranging from about $10 - $150.

Almost all of them sound horrible, with tons of treble, and more bass than you know what to do with down to 80-100hz after which things fall apart. If you do your homework you can find some that are half-decent and semi-salvageable if you put work into the onboard DSP. A lot of them still use lead-acid batteries and are iffy if you want to certify them to sell in the US or EU.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
when I walk on the beach on a sunny sunday there is one of these (the smaller versions) every 50m or so.

Anyone trying that here would end up having their speakers thrown in the ocean.

OP
R

Randy Fucce

Can it be used outdoors?
I don't think so.

Floorstanding speakers are bulky, heavy, and not portable.
Usually there is no built-in battery.

Except for outdoor activities that are powered by batteries, the No Side is generally not used outdoors.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Must be paradise...

Surfers Paradise is the busiest part:

This is where we like to hang out on the beach, a 10km stretch about 35km south of where we live. Nobody on the beach, or maybe one or two people in a few hours.:

1690454208144.png

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
just a few days ago an englishman viralized here showing how many speakers there are at the beaches in my city https://www.tiktok.com/video/7259437894354472198

Wow.

I guess 216 Million people in an area of 8.4 million sq km. We have just 26 Million people in nearly 7.7 million sq km. And a coastline of 60,000km...

If everyone in the the entire country, all 26 million of us went to the beach, there would still be 2.3 metres between each and every person if spread around our coastline... LOL

dasdoing

Major Contributor
Wow.

I guess 216 Million people in an area of 8.4 million sq km. We have just 26 Million people in nearly 7.7 million sq km. And a coastline of 60,000km...

If everyone in the the entire country, all 26 million of us went to the beach, there would still be 2.3 metres between each and every person if spread around our coastline... LOL

this is a very small beach, but directly in the tourist area. I hate that beach. it is stupid to go there lol
in the same city we have paradise beaches

this where I use to go

Last edited:
OP
R

Randy Fucce

Surfers Paradise is the busiest part:

This is where we like to hang out on the beach, a 10km stretch about 35km south of where we live. Nobody on the beach, or maybe one or two people in a few hours.:

View attachment 301629
WOW, it's really a Paradise and amazing.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I take it this before calculations for losses to great whites and dropbears.

That made me laugh!

Don't forget about the Irukandji Jellyfish.

Unlike most jellyfish, which have stingers only on their tentacles, the Irukandji also has stingers on its bell. Biologists have yet to discover the function of this unique characteristic. The hypothesis is that the feature helps the jellyfish catch its prey of small fish.[4]

Irukandji jellyfish have the ability to fire stingers from the tips of their tentacles and inject venom.[18]

Irukandji jellyfish's stings are so severe they can cause fatal brain hemorrhages and on average send 50-100 people to the hospital annually.[19]

Robert Drewe describes the sting as "100 times as potent as that of a cobra and 1,000 times stronger than a tarantula's".

The first of these jellyfish, Carukia barnesi, was identified in 1964 by Jack Barnes; to prove it was the cause of Irukandji syndrome, he captured the tiny jellyfish and allowed it to sting him, his nine-year-old son and a robust young lifeguard. They all became seriously ill, but survived.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That made me laugh!

Don't forget about the Irukandji Jellyfish.

Unlike most jellyfish, which have stingers only on their tentacles, the Irukandji also has stingers on its bell. Biologists have yet to discover the function of this unique characteristic. The hypothesis is that the feature helps the jellyfish catch its prey of small fish.[4]

Irukandji jellyfish have the ability to fire stingers from the tips of their tentacles and inject venom.[18]

Irukandji jellyfish's stings are so severe they can cause fatal brain hemorrhages and on average send 50-100 people to the hospital annually.[19]

Robert Drewe describes the sting as "100 times as potent as that of a cobra and 1,000 times stronger than a tarantula's".

The first of these jellyfish, Carukia barnesi, was identified in 1964 by Jack Barnes; to prove it was the cause of Irukandji syndrome, he captured the tiny jellyfish and allowed it to sting him, his nine-year-old son and a robust young lifeguard. They all became seriously ill, but survived.
He let it sting the kid?? Parent of the year award...

Top Bottom