• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

is this space/place enough for removing heat from nad m33 or it will over heat?

• Thread starter Deleted member 51459
  • Start date

Gringoaudio1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This guy has started the two dumbest threads in the history of ASR. Seriously. These are not questions about science of audio. Send him packing to a site like Hoffmans or AudioAsylum or somewhere else for know nothings and let’s get back to intelligent conversations. FFS!!

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

No, no. He can't risk his 6000 dollar amp in his rented basement :) I already tried to help him blow it up....
i will try to keep it in pristine condition in order to be able to sale it after 2 years :)
hopefully will still worth some money. $$$$

This guy has started the two dumbest threads in the history of ASR. Seriously. These are not questions about science of audio. Send him packing to a site like Hoffmans or AudioAsylum or somewhere else for know nothings and let’s get back to intelligent conversations. FFS!!

Sorry but i am new, conversations are intelligent.

Midnight Audiophile

i will try to keep it in pristine condition in order to be able to sale it after 2 years :)
hopefully will still worth some money. $$$$

Sorry but i am new, conversations are intelligent.
Honestly man, buying a 6000 dollar amp while renting seems ridiculous. But I don't know you or your circumstances. What I do know is that's an overpriced piece of equipment and you could most likely get similar results for under a grand. Good luck to you.

Gringoaudio1

Forum Donor
I stand corrected. There are more than two. It’s all very charitable to help a newbie but I am getting tired of seeing this stuff. My problem I know. More of a reflection on me than him.
There are better forums for newbie questions. He will get the most honest answers here though.
But frankly I’d as a moderator redirect these questions away to other forums the first sniff of posts like these.

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/forums/audio-hardware.5/

Joe Smith

I've stopped being able to count the separate threads he's started...it's getting pretty ridiculous. This one especially.

If you are worried about the unit overheating, give it air room. More than the minimum it might need when running hard and heavy (as you seems to want to do). Case closed.

JSmith

Master Contributor
vents left right and on top
Actually it does, I didn't notice... so you never gave the dimensions of the space, but I gave you the dimensions of the unit. So how much clearance in cm's is there on each side then?

Its solid aluminium construction is more than just attractive; it also is non-magnetic and easily dissipates the small amount of heat generated within.
Btw... the NAD M33 has a thermal fuse which has a cutoff at 130°C.

Plus as other have said, you can monitor temps on this unit;

1664514853070.jpeg

JSmith

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

from the place is not convientn to use touch screen and heat will not dissapeat well.. So its better to be in well ventilated area.

JSmith

Master Contributor
from the place is not convientn to use touch screen
So why on Earth do you want to put it in that space to start with... and what was the point of this thread? o_O

It could be a language issue, which is fine... but from my perspective it seems you've just been wasting everyone's time. If that isn't the case, please, be clearer on what assistance you require.

JSmith

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

In order to free space for my speakers i want to put them there...
i have not been aware that nad m33 have side left and side right vents for cooling/ventilation + top vents...

i found out that when unit arrived.

I've stopped being able to count the separate threads he's started...it's getting pretty ridiculous. This one especially.

If you are worried about the unit overheating, give it air room. More than the minimum it might need when running hard and heavy (as you seems to want to do). Case closed.
Just read through some of his stuff. I'm actually wondering if he's mentally ill or yanking our chains for entertainment...

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
Watch his videos. I think IRL he’s just a fine guy. Honestly.

GDK

Forum Donor
My take is that OP loves music a lot and decided, after finding some spending money, he decided to "invest" in a new system at home and had very high expectations as to what that would deliver, because he believes that all you need to do is to throw more money at the problem to achieve better results (like many of us did at one point). We are now living in the aftermath of an expensive purchase that doesn't live up to the lofty expectations and if you don't realize (or perhaps refuse to accept) the reason for the error in the first place, then you will simply follow that on with similar mistakes.

Top Bottom