• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is there any way to objectively measure headphone resolution?

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
If you're referring to frequency response and distortion levels, these would be the fundamentals of such a measurement I suppose. The professionals here could provide a more comprehensive answer, though.

Lower distortion is what I look for when it comes to detail retrieval due to reduction in masking effect.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@solderdude do you think Audeze LCD2 Classic would be OK with EQ? I do not like the idea of wood in the standard version, but was not sure if the missing fazors in the classic matter much.

Dont know how you got on with this but I have had some recent success with my LCD2C- sounding good with this , to my humble ears. (Found it on the web somewhere, no clue where now) - The Oratory1990 one didnt sound right to me. Im sure the bass shelf here could be upped a bit should you want more bass. The pre-amp reduction needs to be a bit more than that peak as I have noticed the clipping indicator pinging (I applied anothher 1db of headroom in Roon you dont see here.
1614447157060.png

okok

price tag, stax got highest price so best resolution

Top Bottom