• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is there any technics sb-c700 to measure?

Jokerbre

A lot of questions have been raised about coaxial speakers lately. The story of the Kef LS50 is hype beyond any limit, a story painted with good publicity, nostalgia, a story that evokes the pride of owning such a product that has been rewarded with respect and recognition by comrades audiophiles. There is another manufacturer that offers this type of speakers, and among them the excellent Technics sb-c700, which in my opinion is better than the LS50.
In terms of design they are very similar and yet different.
Is there anyone who can find technics sb-c700 so that someone can measure it?
Amir wouldn't mind :)

Reactions: Zvu

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Have you seen the Stereophile measurements of it?
It measures very nicely, without EQ I prefer it to the old LS50.

OP
J

Jokerbre

I saw the measurements, but I find the measurements from the stereophile magazine not very accurate.

BadAudioAdvice

I have a pair, and would be willing to part with it for a little bit so that it could be tested by Amir...if...someone who was keen to see the test results would be willing to cover the shipping cost...:)

jitl

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
now, that's one i certainly can't wait to see measured :eek:

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Very excited. Speaker is discontinued but hopefully the NFS will vindicate the design.

For people who still want to get in on it, there's a closeout sale at SF for 1.2k.

On a related note: I'll pay shipping to Amir for a KS Digital C5-Reference.

Top Bottom