• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is there any point in upgrading from JDS Labs Atom + Topping D10S for Sennheiser 800S

romnation

I just purchased Sennhesier 800S and this is my setup. Will I be missing anything sound quality wise with this low price amp/dac setup or is this sufficent?

bigjacko

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If you are not an engineering nerd you will be fine with your current setup. Those high performance dac amp are not for human, they are for measurement rig or spirit!!!!!!!!:D

Sukie

Forum Donor
SQ-wise you've got it sorted. Unless you need additional DAC features (BT, remote etc.) then there's no need to upgrade.
If you're happy with your setup, do yourself a favor: delete all of your audio forum accounts and enjoy the music :p
Alternatively you can read forum entries about those who want to spend thousands on a DAC and then smuggly enjoy your set up whilst you listen to wonderful music.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Depressing Huh? That's what happens when you have reached the peak of performance, which is where the Atom's resides...
I am in the same boat in terms of headphones.. Fortunately , I get to acquire a pair of New in the Box NOS HifiMan original HE6 to replace my perfectly functioning but old (>6 years)and battle-worn … original HE6 :D.

Sukie

Forum Donor
Depressing Huh? That's what happens when you have reach the peak of performance, which is where the Atom's resides...
I am in the same boat in terms of headphones.. Fortunately , I get to acquire a pair of New in the Box NOS HifiMan original HE6 to replace my perfectly functioning but old (>6 years)and battle-worn … original HE6 :D.
It's actually great to remind ourselves how good the Atom HPA is. There's been lots written about Topping HPAs, what with the A90 then the L30 and now the A50s. They all look great and I'm genuinely thrilled that @JohnYang1997 an others have engineered such marvellous products.

However I remain completely content with my Atom HPA (paired, as it happens, with a Topping D50s).

Just finished another wonderful listening session and it's time for bed. Happy days!

Top Bottom