• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is there an audible difference between JDS Atom and Liquid Spark?

john5220

One is plastic build but amazing company that is honest and very active on blogs, reddit and youtube this is JDS labs.
The other is very nice Aluminum and is Chinese.
Both measure great but there is no competition to the Atom it destroys everything.
But the real question now is there an actual Audible difference between both? the mind blowing benchmark of the Atom how does it compare in real life to the Spark? how much audible difference?

raif71

Major Contributor
I admire your enthusiasm and tenacity @john5220 to get the good stuff. If not for the nonavailability locally in my country for the Atom, I would surely get it. My local online vendor just doesn't support it although I have made request for JDS shop to be available at the online store.

OP
J

john5220

I admire your enthusiasm and tenacity @john5220 to get the good stuff. If not for the nonavailability locally in my country for the Atom, I would surely get it. My local online vendor just doesn't support it although I have made request for JDS shop to be available at the online store.

Ooh yeah what I so is use transexpress a freight forwarder to buy anything in the us and ship it to the us address they provide for me and they then ship it automatically to me in Trinidad and Tobago.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
But the real question now is there an actual Audible difference between both? the mind blowing benchmark of the Atom how does it compare in real life to the Spark? how much audible difference?

No audible differences, certainly not on the HD58X

OP
J

john5220

Thanks I am gonna order the D10 and Liquid Spark.

BTW out of curiosity do you think there would have been an Audible difference between the K5 Pro and those other stuff I listed?

I feel like a made a very irrational panic decision by canceling that Fiio K5 Pro and I might just be wasting money at this point buying a D10 and Spark combo over the K5 pro... sigh...

solderdude

Grand Contributor
BTW out of curiosity do you think there would have been an Audible difference between the K5 Pro and those other stuff I listed?

Nothing in the measurements would suggest there would be an audible difference.
They all get Amir's seal of approval and he is waaaayyyyy more strict to the measured numbers as I am.
They are way too close for that in measured performance and all of them are far below audible limits.
The O2, the Magni-3 as well as the Geshelli Archel 2 could be considered in this price bracket.

There can be subjective differences between the amps depending on knowing what one has, tactile feel of volpot and switches, weight (when handling or accidentally pulling light devices fronm the table and looks of the amp, gain and volpot taper differences.
When all of these biases are removed (blind test) and real music is used and level matched it will be impossible to tell any differences between the 3 amps.

Ask the same question on other forums and they will tell you they all sound different and will get various recommendations depending on what people on and bought for their reasons.

Last edited:

raif71

Major Contributor

I feel like a made a very irrational panic decision by canceling that Fiio K5 Pro and I might just be wasting money at this point buying a D10 and Spark combo over the K5 pro... sigh...

I wouldn't worry about it. In another universe, you'll be operating the K5 Pro and will be the happiest person in that universe. So nothing to fret about. :p

OP
J

john5220

Hmm then this likely means there isnt an audible difference with the fx audio x6 and it's most likely identical to the k5 pro etc?

I could even get the x6 fx and save even more money is what u guys are telling me since Amir gave the x6 his seal of approval?

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Hmm then this likely means there isnt an audible difference with the fx audio x6 and it's most likely identical to the k5 pro etc?

I could even get the x6 fx and save even more money is what u guys are telling me since Amir gave the x6 his seal of approval?

Let's just say that when you are looking for technical excellence the fx audio x6 is not that.
The headphone amp is severely (and audibly) rolled-off and there are other things that I would rather not see in my own devices.

OP
J

john5220

Meh maybe I just get the s10 and liquid spark cause let's be real besides audio quality the truth is I do prefer the LCD screen on the s10 and outer world look of the liquid spark so there is that

What would u guys do would u spend the extra $60 for the s10 and liquid spark or would you save the $60 and get the k5 pro?

Is that velvet sound technology thingy even real in the k5 pro?

I know I always wanted to be like you guys and have separate dac and amp on my desk

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I know I always wanted to be like you guys and have separate dac and amp on my desk

D10 and Liquid spark it is then ?
Place the order, don't look back, don't cancel anymore orders and enjoy it.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

I believe you will be incredibly satisfied with the D10 and Liquid Spark. You don't need to search for anything better... I look forward to hearing about how much you enjoy it!

OP
J

john5220

Thank you guys I decided on it I placed the order and not looking back at all.

I promise to give a review and let u guys know how it sounds with my hd 58x over my current xonar dg sound card.

I feel great especially how beautiful the D30 looks with retro orange lcd screen and that outer world liquid spark design

Will let u all know soon as it arrives: )

Last edited:

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Hi Franz @solderdude , this just popped up in my mind, since you have a very in depth measurement of various headphones of different types, thus wondering if you have done anything similar.

Would there be visible frequency response curve differences, including REW charts with headphones if they were plugged into different amps, all equalised for output values? Or equalised for a specific SPL value of the/each headphone, say 85 dB ?

Top Bottom